The Comfort Quilt – Quilt Along with me!

The Comfort Quilt from my book Modern Heritage Quilts is still a favorite quilt of mine! Last month with the IGQuiltFest, I decided that I needed to make this quilt again. And I’m inviting you to quilt along with me!

Then Comfort Quilt - Quilt-Along with Amy Ellis

To participate, everyone will need a copy of Modern Heritage Quilts. The Comfort Quilt is one of 12 quilts included in the book. Lots of quilt inspiration!

The throw quilt included in the book is 60″ x 75″ and I’m working out the math for a couple alternate sizes. I love the quilt math, and everyone has a different ideal size!

Start collecting your scraps! Scraps should be the main source of prints for these little blocks. Charm Packs, extra binding strips, it all works in this pattern and the more prints the merrier!

The Comfort Quilt — Quilt-along

The start date is April 23 – sound good?

This gives everyone enough time to get a book, and start collecting fabric. I’ll update you with fabric requirements soon!

Be sure to sign up to get an email with details as they become available. I will also email pdf downloads including coloring sheets, a schedule and alternate sizes.

Let me know if you have questions in the comments. I’ll be sure to answer in the comments for everyone. I’m excited to quilt along with you!

I have a few autographed copies of Modern Heritage Quilts available in my shop, or you can pick it up on Amazon or Martingale.

*affilate links included

By | 2018-04-06T11:40:27+00:00 April 2nd, 2018|books, quilt-along|10 Comments

1. Carole @ From My Carolina Home April 3, 2018 at 6:22 am - Reply

Plus sign designs are really popular now, I keep seeing them everywhere. This one is great for a scrappy design.

2. annette ellis April 4, 2018 at 7:47 am - Reply

I just love this comfort quilt. I am going to make this quilt to donate to the cancer center where I work. It will be the relay for life raffle quilt. I look forward to quilting with you.

• Amy April 4, 2018 at 11:32 am - Reply

That will be such a special quilt Annette!

3. Cynthia April 4, 2018 at 2:49 pm - Reply

I really want to do this quilt along! I bought your book (love!) and have my fabric. I just hope that life doesn’t interfere with my plans

4. Anita Roy April 4, 2018 at 7:03 pm - Reply

Your quilt caught my eye and I’m excited to join with the group…I don’t have anyone in mind that might need this, but I’m sure in time, somebody will be placed in my path. Be Prepared: Motto of the Girl Scouts

5. Judie Harron April 7, 2018 at 10:17 am - Reply

I made the Modern Heritage Quilt Sampler and would love to make the Comfort quilt, but queen size. Any chance there would be a pdf available for a queen size Comfort quilt? fingers and toes crossed..Judie

6. Barbara Klein April 10, 2018 at 4:59 pm - Reply

I have been wanting to make this quilt as a scrappy red and white quilt. Also would like to make it queen size so hope you have some suggestions.

7. Joan Coats April 11, 2018 at 9:31 pm - Reply

My book arrived today. I’m happily pulling together my scrap. Set up a sewing/pressing station just for this project. Excited to get started! Joan

8. Myrna April 21, 2018 at 9:09 pm - Reply

I would like to join in the quilt a long comfort quilt.
    How to get copy of the book to Indonesia? Do you ship to Indonesia?

9. […] Along The Comfort Quilt Quilt-along – hosted by Amy […]