Accuquilt and My New Clutch!

I had treated myself to a new die for my Go! cutter about a month ago, but didn’t pull it out until this last weekend finally.  In the midst of making jam, and keeping the laundry moving (mostly) I was inspired to make this little clutch!  I decided I needed a clutch to go along with my bag, because going out for dinner, or running to pick up at school doesn’t always require the entire bag.

I pulled out some recent additions  and my 3″ finished HST die, and cut just enough to make the exterior.  Then had fun laying out the design. I love how the Go! cuts the triangles, ready to sew – no trimming, or marking required!

The trickiest part was making sure I had a mirror image of the lining, but it went together really fast, much like my iPad cover.  For this bag I used decor bond on the exterior, and fusible fleece plus decor bond in the lining; together the interfacings give it a nice shape without being too crisp.

It’s finished with a magnetic snap, and just the right size for my wallet, keys, and phone.  Exactly what I was looking for, and it fits in my big bag no problem!

Fun times at the sewing machine – I love a successful new idea!  Now back to planning the Sewing Summit, and all those details.  Bloggers’ Quilt Festival is also on my mind – who’s ready??

—–

PS – If you haven’t signed up for the Accuquilt newsletter you should!  Lots of great info in every edition, just follow the button below.

22 Free Patterns - Download Now

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:31+00:00 September 13th, 2011|finished project|13 Comments

1. Candy from Candied Fabrics September 13, 2011 at 9:40 am - Reply

Ooh, this is so cute – the diagonal lines formed are wonderful! And, I am READY for BQF!!!! :-)

2. Lindsay September 13, 2011 at 9:47 am - Reply

sweet clutch! And another BQF… hooray!

3. Natalia September 13, 2011 at 10:12 am - Reply

Cute little clutch, I really want to make myself a new bag! :)

4. Rebecca Lynne September 13, 2011 at 10:43 am - Reply

I am new to the blogging scene but have loved reading about the Participants in the Quilt Bloggers Festival! I am psyched that this is a bi-annual event. Yay! Can’t wait… Hmm better get sewing!

5. Suzanne September 13, 2011 at 11:25 am - Reply

Very cute clutch! I like how the HSTs came together. Seems like those accuquilts are pretty helpful.

6. Citric Sugar September 13, 2011 at 12:40 pm - Reply

Cute!!! Love the shape of it….

7. Citric Sugar September 13, 2011 at 12:42 pm - Reply

Cute!! Love the shape of it…

8. Audrey September 13, 2011 at 2:32 pm - Reply

Your clutch is so cute! I love the fabrics you used, and I am already plotting which quilt I should use for the Quilt Festival!

9. Cheryl Arkison September 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm - Reply

Love the design on that. Great job!

10. SewCalGal September 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm - Reply

Very cute bag Amy. Love it.

SewCalGal

11. Pippa September 13, 2011 at 7:07 pm - Reply

Love this! Very cute, and wonderful colors.

12. Barbara September 14, 2011 at 7:56 am - Reply

It looks wonderful. I have been thinking about getting the accuquilt cutter but am still doing research on it. Do you think the cutters will last? I am very interested in the die that does the rag quilt squares and was wondering how sharp they would stay with the flannel or even denim.

13. Meagan September 15, 2011 at 8:53 am - Reply

I love how your clutch turned out!! And I am ready for BQF to begin! I may actually participate this time around :-) I made a quilt for my grandmother last year, that I would love to show off!