Quilted!!

4 1/2 spools of thread
9 bobbins
3 quilting needles
6 hours of quilting time (roughly)

It’s done!! I am so excited, and proud to have this accomplishment under my belt. I will probably never do it again – but I am happy to have quilted this “monster quilt” myself :) I’ll show you more of the quilting once the binding is on and it has been washed – I can’t wait!!

Blessings~

—————————————-

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:05+00:00 July 12th, 2009|quilt-along, work in progress|24 Comments

1. Cassie @ You Go Girl July 12, 2009 at 9:08 pm - Reply

Can't wait to see it, Amy. I laughed out loud when you wrote that you will probably "never do it again". Some things you only have to do once. LOL! I think you were very brave to give it a go.

Cassie

2. CJ July 12, 2009 at 9:18 pm - Reply

So was it too big? Too much work? Why would you never do it again? Mine is quilted and I think I would do it again, especially since the BSR is actually working now. I do hate changing out the bobbin so many times…they need a configuration for these machines that takes a spool of thread not a measley bobbin! I never thought to change out my needle during the process though. :S

3. Amber July 12, 2009 at 9:28 pm - Reply

Wow – I cannot believe you quilted it yourself – that's amazing. And I cannot imagine the "monster" it must have been to quilt! Congrats – can't wait to see it all!

4. Blue is Bleu July 12, 2009 at 9:43 pm - Reply

Yay!! That was pretty quick considering the size! I just finished one today but it was only a baby quilt hehe :) Can't wait for pics!

5. Mary July 12, 2009 at 10:05 pm - Reply

Do you quilt on your DSM? I know how you feel. I took 3 evenings to quilt the last one I did. I didn't count the bobbins.

6. Trudi July 12, 2009 at 11:09 pm - Reply

Yeay! Congratulations Amy, a job well done! I quilted mine too this weekend, and I'm thrilled with it. I'd definately do it again!

7. CABean03 July 12, 2009 at 11:29 pm - Reply

Way to go! Congrats on getting it finished, I can't wait to see more pics. :)

8. edward and lilly July 12, 2009 at 11:53 pm - Reply

Oh wow, congratulations, it looks lovely!

9. Rafael's Mum July 13, 2009 at 12:16 am - Reply

Ooooh, brilliant! I am just starting the quilt sandwich.. Now I am inspired to start my quilting (being a bit of a scaredycat…). I have got 7 bobbins so sure to have enough. Looking forward to seeing it with the binding on!

10. Oddbjørg July 13, 2009 at 1:12 am - Reply

Oh,I can't wait to see the whole quilt!

11. peaknits July 13, 2009 at 5:01 am - Reply

I'm snuggled under my own Old Red Barn QAL quilt right now – admiring your good work:) In, oh 8 weeks? I plan to be snuggling under the Zig Zag one you help me with next:) Hee! Thanks!!

12. Goddess in Progress July 13, 2009 at 5:03 am - Reply

Hooray, hooray! Doesn't it feel incredible to be done?! I love your choice of blue/aqua thread. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Liz @ teeny tiny quilts

13. Terriaw July 13, 2009 at 5:05 am - Reply

Yay – good for you! What a wonderful feeling to have accomplished your monster quilt. It looks beautiful from the sneak peak you gave us. I bet it felt like a lot of work while you were in the middle of it.

14. Amy July 13, 2009 at 5:24 am - Reply

I can't wait to see it finished. and WOW I don't think I would want to attempt to quilt a queen sized myself. Great job!

15. Brenis July 13, 2009 at 7:39 am - Reply

WOOHOOO!!! Congratulations!!! :D
    What an undertaking – can't wait to see it all done!! Surprised you only used that many bobbins! I went through 13, and mine is smaller than yours!? The amount of quilting i guess??
    Happy for you that you've got it finished!! :D
    Blessings, Bren

16. Tipper July 13, 2009 at 7:55 am - Reply

Congrats!! It looks great!

17. Feedsack Fantasy July 13, 2009 at 8:39 am - Reply

Good for you! Let's see the whole thing, please. tTFN ~Marydon

18. Mary on Lake Pulaski July 13, 2009 at 8:54 am - Reply

Congratulations on finishing the monster! I can't wait to see it.

19. MomBrose July 13, 2009 at 10:16 am - Reply

don't freak me out! I'm about to undertake a similar project….first a twin, then a full, then the king one for my bed. oy vey!

20. Rebekah July 13, 2009 at 12:11 pm - Reply

congrats on quilting that behemoth! I am going to try to get my top sewn together this week (I'm a little behind!)

I can't wait to see the final product!

21. roseylittlethings July 13, 2009 at 2:31 pm - Reply

Yeah for you! Wish the quilt fairy would come baste mine for me so I could quilt and bind it! I did get backing fabric for 12$ on ebay woo hoo, it is a king shabby chic flat sheet pink with pink flowers! still dont have batting they have been out of the king size at joanns ugg! I used 9 bobins on my little lap quilt, what the heck am I doing wrong!

22. sewtakeahike July 13, 2009 at 3:46 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh Amy! You did it in 6 hours??? Your are superwoman!! It would have taken me a week of non-stop machine time. I'm super impressed! I'm loving the quilting from the looks of the sneek peek!

23. AnnieO July 13, 2009 at 8:56 pm - Reply

I'm working on my own monster (my son's nearly 90 x 100" quilt)….I only bought three spools of thread and am on my second bobbin and I am only halfway done with the quilting. My channel quilting looks loads simpler than your loops, however, so maybe I am in the clear? Fingers crossed!!

24. amylouwho July 15, 2009 at 7:05 pm - Reply

I can't wait to see this!