Home Machine Quilt Show

I feel like I’ve had so much to write about here!  A week and a half ago, I went down to the HMQS event in Salt Lake, and now I’m finally getting to share some pictures with you.

by Diane Johnston Quilted by Cory Allender

Upon first impression this quilt looked like machine embroidery.  It’s all reverse appliqué!

by Cynthia England

I love how some can take a beautiful photograph and make it even better with fabric.

by Debra Combs

This quilt looks like plain pinwheels, but at closer look they are all mini log cabin blocks.  Such tiny pieces – I hope it was paper pieced!

by Judi Madsen – of Green Fairy Quilts

Love the color combo in this one, and the quilting is beautiful!

by Amber Robertson

I loved these flowers!  Couldn’t help myself :)

by Rhonda Montgomery

this is such a fun quilt, all the details added were so cute and fun!

by Kathi Carter

This one was so pretty, and looking closer the flowers are all folded fabric.  The texture was amazing!

by Pam Hadfield

I love how happy this quilt is – when I decide to do “real” appliqué the Aunt Millie books are where I will go.  :)

Finally an antique quilt I couldn’t resist photographing –

You can enlarge the picture to read more, but it was made around 1875 – 135 years old!

I think it’s pretty amazing to see some designs last the test of time.  Makes you wonder about the quilts you are making today….hmmm.  Always add a label!

Hope you are inspired to make a quilt ~
—————————————————
Next steps:
Shop with Amy
Become a fan of Amy’s Creative Side on Facebook
Email me

By |2019-01-25T13:20:06-06:00May 19th, 2010|HMQS|20 Comments

1. Happy Cottage Quilter May 19, 2010 at 6:41 am - Reply

Oh wow, amazing quilts Thanks for sharing the pictures.

2. Barb May 19, 2010 at 7:24 am - Reply

Thanks for the show – so many wonderful quilts here! I love the red background on the applique' daring and wonderful!

3. Miss Nancy May 19, 2010 at 7:30 am - Reply

Thank you for sharing your pictures. These quilts are wonderful, unique, and fun. A good job, well done to all of the makers and quilters. And to you for sharing your great pictures.

Have a great day.

4. Mary May 19, 2010 at 8:07 am - Reply

I will never stop being amazed by the talent of quilters all around the world – what spectacular works of art. It is so heartwarming to see 100+ year old quilts that are still around as a legacy of the person who created it. Amazing pictures – thank you!

5. Wendy_MT May 19, 2010 at 8:25 am - Reply

Thank you for the pictures, Amy! At first glance you hardly can tell the wonderful detail you captured in the close up pictures…WOW!! Thanks for sharing! Have a super day :)

6. bethanndodd May 19, 2010 at 10:31 am - Reply

Those are beautiful…I especially love all of the folded flowers. One day I will have the time (and patience) to put all of that work into a quilt. Thank you for sharing.

7. Sherri May 19, 2010 at 10:51 am - Reply

These quilts are all amazing…thanks for sharing…one of the first quilting classes I ever took was from Cory Allender…the quilter in the first photo…she is a great teacher!

8. Anina May 19, 2010 at 11:20 am - Reply

Wow Amy! Thanks for sharing.

9. sarah r May 19, 2010 at 11:32 am - Reply

very inspirational quilts. thanks for posting.

10. the momma May 19, 2010 at 11:35 am - Reply

oh my, these are amazing!!! thanks for sharing!!

11. Diane J. Evans May 19, 2010 at 12:18 pm - Reply

Thanks so much for the pictures, Amy — I've been wanting to attend this show, and I live so far away that it hasn't been possible yet. Great photos — and, yes, great inspiration.

Diane

12. "Lois Grebowski" May 19, 2010 at 1:47 pm - Reply

wow! Thanks for the pics! Those are some beautiful quilts. I hope that with practice I'll be able to tackle projects like this.

That log cabin pinwheel quilt looked fun!

13. amy smart May 19, 2010 at 3:10 pm - Reply

Great pictures, Amy! I'm so glad you shared. That hexagon quilt is amazing!!

I almost made it to the event this year – I thought about you when I saw it. :)

14. sewmeow May 19, 2010 at 3:47 pm - Reply

Thanks sew much for the show. Cynthia England's quilts always look just like a photograph..what talent.

15. Karen May 19, 2010 at 5:49 pm - Reply

Thanks, Amy! Really inspiring to see all those beautiful quilts!!!!!

16. mom May 20, 2010 at 8:48 am - Reply

I have been forever pondering how I want to do my granddaughter's quilt and you've now given me some creative inspiration with the folded fabric quilt! YAY! How fun would THAT be to try?! :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

17. Vicki May 20, 2010 at 9:42 am - Reply

Amazing. I really like the pinwheel/log cabin one.

18. Allie May 20, 2010 at 10:41 pm - Reply

Oh gosh what great quilts – I LOVE those folded flowers, how amazing!!!

19. OUR CLAN May 24, 2010 at 10:34 am - Reply

Hi, I did the flower quilt. I am glad that you liked it. I loved the pattern and just had to make it.

20. Sandra Starley August 25, 2010 at 10:17 pm - Reply

Amy,
    So glad that you enjoyed my antique hexagon quilt. I’ll have another antique display next year at HMQS and my appraisal booth, hope to meet you.
    Thanks.