Coming Soon :: Blogger’s Quilt Festival!

Are you ready for the next installment of the Blogger’s Quilt Festival!? I sure hope so – I can’t wait to see all the quilts together for the Festival! The dates are set for September 19-31 – We will post quilts to the linkys, September 19-24, then vote September 25-30, with winners announced on October 1.

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2016 - AmysCreativeSide.com

As with previous Blogger’s Quilt Festivals there will be lots of great prizes and fun to go along with all the quilty inspiration and friendships to be made! It’s always been a fun way to get to know other quilters, even if they aren’t nearby.

Each quilter can enter up to two quilts, each with it’s own post, and in separate categories. One quilt per category. All the categories are listed here so you can start making plans and writing posts now. Your quilts don’t have to be brand new, never seen before – share your favorites!

Mini Quilt Category – Quilts in this group measure no more than 80″ around.

Small Quilt Category – Quilts in this group measure more than 80″, but no more than 240″ around.

Large Quilt Category – Quilt in this group measure over 240″ around.

Applique Quilts – Hand or machine applique is welcome.

Art Quilts – Express yourself with fabric.

Hand Quilted – Quilted by hand.

Home Machine Quilted – Quilted on a domestic machine.

Modern Quilts – Modern to you, is modern to me.

Original Design Quilts – Designed by you, not a previously published quilt pattern.

ROYGBIV Quilts – Show off your rainbow.

Scrappy Quilts – Glad to have all those scraps in one beautiful place.

To Participate & Win : :
1 – Write a post the week of the festival, featuring your finished quilt (old posts will be deleted).
2 – In your post link back to the festival.
3 – Share a link to your post, in the linky on the festival post.
4 – Leave me a comment on the festival post to be entered into giveaways.
5 – Visit all the other quilters sharing their quilts and be inspired!

AmysCreativeSide
Generate your button code
By |2018-09-04T11:18:39+00:00August 30th, 2016|Bloggers Quilt Festival|11 Comments

1. Teje Karjalainen August 31, 2016 at 1:52 am - Reply

Thank you Amy once again for organizing this fantastic event! We are all always so looking for this quilt festival! What a beautiful button! x Teje

2. Hayley August 31, 2016 at 2:44 am - Reply

Love the Blogger’s Quilt festival!!! Must get planning!

3. Sarah August 31, 2016 at 5:11 am - Reply

Can”t wait! It’s always such fun – thanks for organizing!

4. Sandy Maxfield August 31, 2016 at 9:44 am - Reply

Ooh I’m a new quilt blogger and I want to play. Sounds like such fun!

5. k August 31, 2016 at 1:00 pm - Reply

Thanks so much for hosting this again and in blog form. I wanted to participate on IG last time but sorry, I could not figure it out or what and when to do anything. (very IG challenged) Thanks so much

6. Vivian September 13, 2016 at 2:05 pm - Reply

Amy, it says winners are announced on “Sept 31st” — I think not, LOL!! Is it the 30th (with voting ending the 29th) or October 1st? In either case, really looking forward to it!!

7. Kimberly Clark September 13, 2016 at 2:44 pm - Reply

Sounds like fun! I look forward to seeing what people enter!

8. Week Roundup – Quilting Jetgirl September 17, 2016 at 1:00 am - Reply

[…] you seen that the Blogger’s Quilt Festival kicks off on Monday?!? I love the inspiration and beautiful quilts that are display during the […]

9. Wendy Welsh September 18, 2016 at 5:11 pm - Reply

HI Amy. Thank you so much for doing this. I’m really pleased to see it back on blogs. I did participate on IG, but there were just so many quilts, and no real stories behind them. I love discovered new quilters through this festival, and reading about their inspiration and methods. I’ looking forward to the launch tomorrow.

10. Wendy September 19, 2016 at 3:07 pm - Reply

Just did my blog posts. thanks, as always for hosting! Now to link up.

11. Susie Q September 27, 2016 at 6:27 am - Reply

When did this event change to a month before Houston????? I missed something…..

can barely read the name block…. and this box …. the font color is so light these old eyes miss a lot.