Weekend Sewing

As you might recall, I’m working on my next book. I’ve spent time over the weekend organizing my thoughts, and selecting fabrics that I would like to use for each of the projects. I always try to work out a balance of colors and styles in the fabric choices, so that it is widely appealing and something that I’m proud of!

pretty piles - AmysCreativeSide.com

These pretty piles represent the first of 10 projects I need to sew in the next few weeks. I always get excited with the start of each project, I love when I’ve finished all the hard work of calculating and cutting, and can sew and enjoy watching the progress.

Random question for you : Do you have quilt patterns that you’ve never made, because you want to alter the size/borders/layout slightly?

I’ve got another little project in mind, I’ll keep you updated!

Today, I’m ordering fabric, getting more sewing done, and collecting info on sponsors for Blogger’s Quilt Festival! Let me know if your shop is interested in participating.

What are you up to today?

Connect with me!

Sign up to get my occasional newsletter! I promise not to share your information, or send too many emails.

You can also : Email me ~ Check out my books on Amazon ~ Purchase autographed books, patterns, and notions in my shop  ~  Join my Facebook page ~ Subscribe to Amy's Creative Side for regular blog updates in your reader

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:09+00:00 September 30th, 2013|work in progress|8 Comments

1. karen September 30, 2013 at 4:43 am - Reply

well not really, if I find a quilt I want to make and the border isn’t right then I alter it of course :)

2. Claire September 30, 2013 at 5:42 am - Reply

Nah. Changing sizes of blocks or quilts doesn’t bother me.

3. Polly @ Pieces by Polly September 30, 2013 at 8:48 am - Reply

I usually just change the size of the block myself or add a border to get the size I need.

4. Queenie September 30, 2013 at 9:32 am - Reply

Pretty fabrics!
    I really like it when a pattern has options for makeing in different sizes.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

5. Lea September 30, 2013 at 11:35 am - Reply

I don’t mind doing figuring it out myself. But it is convenient and nice when the same block is offered in a few different sizes.

Lovely fabrics you have chose for your projects.

6. Hilary September 30, 2013 at 4:05 pm - Reply

I like your fabric choices :) I’m working on my Marcelle Medallion and packing for my vacation on Friday.

7. Pam September 30, 2013 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Love the fabric, Amy. I appreciate when quilt patterns/blocks are offered in different sizes (saves me from thinking). It is not changing blocks, borders, etc. that stops me from quilting – it is over-commitment and lack of time! Right now I’m quilting a Christmas quilt I pieced from Anna Griffin fabr5ics. :)

8. Pattie C October 1, 2013 at 12:32 pm - Reply

Yes, as a matter of fact I’m stumped right now about making a union jack quilt with 4 flags, 2 over 2 and keeping it to the correct ratio of 2:3.