Happenings

Last week, I finished quilting on 3 quilts! Two are twin sized, and another queen sized – what was I thinking! Anyway, I spent Friday preparing bindings and attaching them, then Saturday and Sunday stitching. I have finished bindings by machine, and I’m sure I will continue to do so on some occasions, but I do love the act of hand-stitcing a binding in place. Even when I don’t seem to have the time.

Binding - AmysCreativeSide.com

Stitching the binding down, gives me a chance to gather my thoughts and snuggle with the quilt too. It does help that I’ve gotten rather quick! I just have half of one of the twin quilts to finish.

IMG_4250

I’ve been working on the nuts and bolts of my book too. Fabric calculations usually require an extra cup of coffee!

IMG_4251

This is a quick look at some of the quilting I’ve done recently. I’m loving adding the texture to my quilt tops, and really enjoy trying new shapes, finding what works for me and making it happen. It’s not perfect, but I’m pretty sure perfection is overrated :) I had fun!

Now I just need to repeat all of this a few more times to meet my deadline!

More soon –

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:04+00:00 December 16th, 2013|work in progress|8 Comments

1. Natalia December 16, 2013 at 9:49 am - Reply

Your quilting looks great! I agree perfection is overrated! :)

• Anne December 16, 2013 at 10:41 am - Reply

Hi Amy,
      I love those 3 quilts. You create some really lovely work. I have a question, I am interested in learning how to design. Do you recommend EQ7, or any other program or products? Thanks.

Anne

2. Lorna McMahon December 16, 2013 at 9:54 am - Reply

Fabulous quilting job on both! You are sew right…. Perfection is highly over rated and FUN is where it’s at! Your quilting looks perfect and fun! Keep up the great work!

3. Queenie December 16, 2013 at 9:56 am - Reply

Lovely quilting! Keep up the great work.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

4. Sally December 16, 2013 at 10:25 am - Reply

I think perfection and quilts definitely don’t go together, imperfections clearly add character and individuality! And for me, make them feel so much more made with love. Having said all that I can’t see any imperfections in yours – please try harder to add a few!

5. Christa Quilts December 16, 2013 at 11:06 am - Reply

That quilting looks scrumptious! Thanks for the sneak peeks!

6. Sonia December 16, 2013 at 2:07 pm - Reply

Your quilting looks amazing!

7. Vicki December 17, 2013 at 11:26 pm - Reply

WOW…you have been busy. I agree with the hand binding. I still do 95% of all my quilts by hand. Your quilting looks spectacular.