Experimentation

First off – Hello to all of you who have visited via Quilting Bloggers! I will have to go check out more of your blogs :)

I kept two baggies full of tiny triangles from when Jenna was cutting the corners off of her snowballs. I just couldn’t watch all those beautiful scraps go to waste! So now I have put together a couple of blocks so I can hopefully decide where to go next with them.

Did I mention how tiny they are? These completed blocks are 3″ and 2 1/2″ – almost square! Right now I am leaning toward the hourglass. For a couple of reasons, less room for trouble, and I really like the pattern they create when put together. I’ve been wanting to do an hourglass anyway but I really wanted to experiment with the pinwheels. I think I will save those for a larger set of triangles :)

I have no idea how big of anything I can get with these little 2 1/2″ blocks, but maybe they can become pin cushions, or a bag, or placemats. . . any other suggestions?

I am off to collect my sewing from the kitchen, and put it away upstairs for a few days. My Joe is turning 30 next week, and I need all the space I can get in the kitchen while baking, and entertaining :) Have a great weekend!

By | 2017-02-06T09:19:15+00:00 August 1st, 2008|work in progress|7 Comments

1. sarahmurray August 1, 2008 at 2:40 pm - Reply

Cute cute cute! I love the tiny blocks. I have a ton of these set aside to use up too. I made a wall hanging out of some years ago and I just love it. Can’t wait to see what you make! x

2. melissa s. August 1, 2008 at 9:07 pm - Reply

ooh love the tiny blocks! they scream doll quilt to me, but that’s just me and my current doll quilt obsession :-)

3. Amy August 2, 2008 at 9:27 am - Reply

Coasters!

4. Mama's Losin' It August 2, 2008 at 8:39 pm - Reply

Oooh, it’s so fun to see what you do with this stuff. I just scrolled down and I love all the pictures…and I LOVE the “olive” quilt. Do you put these in your Etsy shop?? I’m gonna go check!

5. Tipper August 3, 2008 at 12:22 pm - Reply

The tiny blocks are so sweet.

6. Nedra August 4, 2008 at 3:35 am - Reply

Welcome to Quilt Bloggers Amy! I notice we now have 25 from Utah. When I joined a little over a month ago there were only about 17 or 18 of us. I love Park City. I moved from Draper to St. George about 2 years ago, and miss the snow and mountains. Your things are wonderful! –Nedra@Cactus Needle

7. amandajean August 10, 2008 at 7:43 pm - Reply

the blocks are GREAT! and so tiny! that would drive me crazy, I think. I would have had a hard time letting them go into the trash, too.