Adventures Fabric

Growing up in the Pacific Northwest left me with a deep affection for old-growth trees and the moss that grows on the north side of them. I recently visited Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks with my children and husband, and I was once again drawn to the patterns in the bark and the light filtering through the trees. Adventures is a graphic collection of the elements I see in these grand places.  Make sure to dress warm, use a map and create lots of memories as your Adventures unfold!

Adventures by Amy Ellis for Moda Fabrics - AmysCreativeSide.com

I put together this fun embroidery pattern, I opted to appliqué the mountains, but have another version in the works with embroidered mountains too!

One of my favorite prints to work on in the collection was this stripe on top, I converted the adventure sayings into morse code and included the text too so that everyone knew what was being said. There’s also a topography print, mountains, tree bark, plaid, bullseye and riverbed – they each represent a different part of nature that I love. I can’t wait to see what everyone makes with these prints!

Adventures by Amy Ellis for Moda Fabrics - AmysCreativeSide.com

The colors in the collection include a rusty red, golden yellow, evergreen greens, and glacial blues, along with my favorite neutrals including deep charcoals to light eggshells.

Adventures by Amy Ellis for Moda Fabrics - AmysCreativeSide.com

Here’s a quick look at some of my inspiration from our trip last summer:

photos from Yellowstone National Park

Adventures by Amy Ellis for Moda Fabrics - AmysCreativeSide.com

and Glacier National Park

Adventures by Amy Ellis for Moda Fabrics - AmysCreativeSide.com

I am working on four fun precut friendly quilt patterns, and plan to have those available to you soon! I’ll be sharing more inspiration and photos on IG as usual, and my newsletter is the first to know when new patterns are available!

xo –  Amy

PS – if you are a shop owner I have a quarterly wholesalers newsletter here!

By |2017-02-06T09:17:43-06:00July 5th, 2016|My Fabric|9 Comments

1. Ben July 5, 2016 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Love the colors and designs, and the inspiration.

2. karen swann July 5, 2016 at 5:34 pm - Reply

Amy, your fabrics are beautiful and certainly do evoke Yellowstone and Glacier! We did an almost 3 month tour of National Parks a few years ago when I retired from teaching and absolutely fell in love with the Pacific Northwest and the beauty and wildness of our Parks. Although I was born in Seattle, I’d never been back since I was a toddler :( I’m looking forward to getting my hands on some of your fabrics–and recreate some memories of our trip.

3. Sarai Schuk July 5, 2016 at 6:23 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness how perfect are those colours and fabrics!!!

4. Janis Altomare July 6, 2016 at 6:06 am - Reply

I love the adventure saying It might be my new quilt backing go to fabric

5. Tiffany July 7, 2016 at 12:46 pm - Reply

I think I’m going to love this line! I’m seeing lots and lots of masculine quilts that would appeal to pretty much anyone. Great work!

6. Sue Kaiser July 7, 2016 at 1:53 pm - Reply

Oh!! I love them! Can’t wait to see them in person!

7. Erin Peraldo August 14, 2016 at 8:10 pm - Reply

I’m so excited! When do these go to stores?

• Amy August 18, 2016 at 11:25 am - Reply

Hi Erin! They will be in stores in November 2016 :) Thanks!

8. Donna Gunnoe April 1, 2018 at 10:58 pm - Reply

Amy, today I gave my grandson a quilt for his birthday that I made using your Adventures fabrics. I was so excited to find this collection because he did the entire Appalachian Trail in 2016, and every design perfectly reflects his 5 1/2-month experience. His “Trail” name was Riptide, and I found a pattern titled that very name. In addition, a fellow quilter on FB suggested using the AT pattern for edge-to-edge quilting, which I found and was able to download for my long-arm quilter. Thank you for these awesome, masculine fabrics that helped me fulfill my hope of appropriately commemorating his significant accomplishment. (I’d be happy to send you a photo if you are interested.)