Current State of my Quilting Studio

I shared my quilting studio space via Instagram yesterday, and thought I better keep it real, and put it up here too! It looks pretty messy still, but it’s all picked up and I can walk around a bit – huge improvement!Keeping it Real - AmysCreativeSide.com

My Melody is dropped into the little table on the left, Crown Jewel is slightly covered with projects I’m currently piecing, the aluminum table at the right is on casters and moves where I need it easily. Fabric, my patterns, and notions are on the book shelf, there’s a matching shelf out of frame, to the left full of books, and magazines. It’s definitely not perfect, but I do look forward to spending time here, and know where everything is. Which is key!

There’s more decluttering to be done (always), but for now I’m back to my projects.

What are you up to this week?

By | 2017-02-06T09:17:53+00:00 January 26th, 2015|Baby Lock, Long Arm Quilting, random, work in progress|15 Comments

1. HopeTN January 26, 2015 at 5:57 pm - Reply

Such a cosy looking space :) Mine was a bit of a scrappy mess this weekend after having my niece and nephew over for some sewing. It’s tidy again now though ready for some quilting.

2. Karen January 26, 2015 at 7:27 pm - Reply

I just had to laugh when I saw that! glad you know where everything is :)

3. Mary January 26, 2015 at 8:08 pm - Reply

Oh goodness, you sneaked into my studio and took pictures! This is the reason I rarely invite guests. It’s called privacy, thank you!

4. Paula K. January 27, 2015 at 5:20 am - Reply

I agree with Mary! Although I do know where a lot of my “stuff” is, I am constantly surprised by what I find.

5. susan January 27, 2015 at 7:07 am - Reply

My friends know I will NEVER post pictures of my sewing space or of my stash…just too embarrassing. Yours looks pretty great in comparison. I guess I’d better go do some clean-up. You’ve inspired me.

6. Carrie Ottmers Wikander January 27, 2015 at 7:52 am - Reply

It’s really difficult to keep working spaces organized, isn’t it? Especially for quilters. I’m constantly trying to re-do and re-organize, but really, all that’s important is to know where the machine and the scissors are, in my book.

7. Karen in Breezy Point January 27, 2015 at 8:16 am - Reply

I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one who uses their long arm table as a catch all! I’m working on creating storage space under the table with tubs and rolling drawer units in hopes of keeping the top cleared off. Who knows–maybe I will get more tops quilted!

8. Laura @ Prairie Sewn Studios January 27, 2015 at 10:10 am - Reply

I think it looks well-loved and used! Which is definitely better than a pristine room that you DON’T use.

9. QuiltShopGal January 27, 2015 at 10:38 am - Reply

You quack me up and also inspire. I’m heading upstairs to my messy sewing room, for some serious de-cluttering before I sew.

QuiltShopGal

10. Lisa C January 27, 2015 at 11:08 am - Reply

I know I’m in the minority but my sewing space is fairly tidy, especially the fabric. The cutting table and sewing area are cleaned regularly. I just can’t function otherwise. Glad we can all share a laugh or two at our spaces and fabric hoards.

11. Meredithe January 29, 2015 at 2:25 pm - Reply

Looks like my room!

12. Dianne January 29, 2015 at 11:07 pm - Reply

Thank heaven my studio is not the only one that looks like this. I have to confess that you are far more productive than I though :0(

13. Gmama Jane February 1, 2015 at 12:03 pm - Reply

Ha! Ha! This gave me a wonderful chuckle much like an inside joke between two birds of a feather. I just can’t keep tidy due to all the multi-tasking I’m doing at any one given time. I so envy those who are neat and tidy. I’ve just never been one of those people. I’m NOT DIRTY, just a little clutterbug. However, it never gets to the stage of hoarding. I recently took over my dining room and turned it into my sewing mecca…alas, it didn’t take but 2 projects to get things in disarray but Oh do I Love my space!!!! As I know you love YOUR space.
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

14. […] My current space is here […]

15. Gretchen February 10, 2015 at 6:22 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing the photo! Sometimes we need to keep it real and show the good, bad, and ugly!