My Favorite Gifts to Sew for Others

I make them every year it seems – the Pieced Pouch, full of color yet sophisticated enough for anyone to carry or use. It is my very favorite gift to sew for anyone – teachers, friends, family. Now I’m wishing I’d sewn a dozen since these are all spoken for!http://traffic.libsyn.com/quiltcast/Quiltcast.060.mp3

I love Kaufmans Essex Yarn dyed in black for these pouches. It adds texture and depth without quilting or too much pattern. The prints are from Alison Glass, and zippers from Zipit on etsy. A pattern has been requested a few times already, I’ll be getting that together in the new year.

Fat Quarter Table Runners - AmysCreativeSide.com

Table runners always make their way to the top of my list to sew for others too. The top runner is made from left over bits from a quilt I made earlier this year, all the extra bits had already been sewn into half-square triangles, I just needed to press, and make a top. The remaining three were sewn from fat quarters of Gardenvale, which will be out in April. I used simple 4 1/2″ and 7″ squares to piece them. Lots of fun! Also, I bound them all by machine – since they will be washed often, it’s a little more stable, and I like that, especially when giving it away.

Second Grade Snowmen - AmysCreativeSide.com

My final project, wasn’t sewn, but is creative! I had looked through some ideas on pinterest with my boy earlier in the week, for gift ideas for his class. We decided to wrap hershey bars, to look like snowmen. Instead of drawing them with a sharpie, I decided to put a quick printable together for myself! Owen did the cutting and added his name, but at 7 wrapping is not his forte. Thankfully there’s just 18 in his class! Click HERE for a free download, to make your own!

Next week the kiddos are out of school – and we will be baking up a storm.

Thanks for stopping by!

By | 2017-02-06T09:17:56+00:00 December 19th, 2014|finished project|9 Comments

1. Barbara Macey December 19, 2014 at 7:25 am - Reply

I love the snowmen, who knew that a simple Hershey Bar could be so special.

Kudos to your son–won’t he be the popular one in class?

2. Debbie December 19, 2014 at 7:54 am - Reply

Love your pouches!

3. Margaret Griffiths December 19, 2014 at 9:06 am - Reply

the little bags turned out very cute

4. Elizabeth Bolton December 19, 2014 at 10:25 am - Reply

Thanks for the pic of your finished pouches – they are the best I’ve seen! Merry Christmas!!

5. Nadine W December 19, 2014 at 11:17 am - Reply

Love your pouches. I would love to make some but I’m not real comfortable putting zippers in — hope to conquer my fear in 2015. The table runners are lovely — I love making table runners. The snowmen wrapped chocolate bars are sooo cute and so clever! Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays!

6. Thao December 19, 2014 at 10:28 pm - Reply

I еvvery time used to studƴ article in news papers but now as I amm
    a user oof web thus from now ӏ am using net ffor content, thannks to
    web.

My homeplage :: where tto buy African mango pkus craigslist
    іn los – Thao

7. Glenna Walker December 20, 2014 at 9:00 am - Reply

Thanks so much, Amy. I always appreciate you taking the time to share your creative ideas with us.

8. Tsoniki Crazy Bull December 24, 2014 at 1:45 am - Reply

Those are really great, easy things to make and of course people love to get things like table runners. I need to make a stash of zip pouches to give to the young people in my life, my daughter and her friends love the things!

9. louise December 27, 2014 at 8:34 pm - Reply

Love the pouches! I also love the snowmen!! Very cute!