Star-Crossed Quilt Top

Happy Friday! This week has been full, and I’m excited to share my Star-Crossed quilt top with you!

Star-Crossed - AmysCreativeSide.com

I made it with Botanique by Joel Dewberry, and Bella Eggshell (281). Star-Crossed is from my second book, Modern Basics II and a great project for large scale prints!

Star-Crossed - AmysCreativeSide.com

Now I’m looking forward to quilting up that negative space with something fun! Let me know if you have any ideas! I spent the week working on this, and one other secret project so that I would be ready to manage this box of fabric :

Moda Fabrics - AmysCreativeSide.com

50 pounds of sample yardage, of fabric that I designed! I’ll share more about it as soon as I can. On the docket this weekend :: I’ll be sewing up patterns to go with the fabric, as quick as I can! Wish me luck!?

Have a great weekend –

Connect with me!

Sign up to get my occasional newsletter! I promise not to share your information, or send too many emails.

You can also : Email me ~ Check out my books on Amazon ~ Purchase autographed books, patterns, and notions in my shop  ~  Join my Facebook page ~ Subscribe to Amy's Creative Side for regular blog updates in your reader

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:02+00:00 March 14th, 2014|My Fabric, work in progress|7 Comments

1. Holly March 14, 2014 at 1:02 pm - Reply

Pretty quilt!! Can’t wait to see the fabric you designed!!!

2. quilterbell March 14, 2014 at 2:08 pm - Reply

the quilt is gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see the prints in that box!

3. jennifer ward March 15, 2014 at 8:46 am - Reply

Beautiful top! How about a star pattern in the negative space? Cant wait to see the fabric you designed!

4. Nini~ March 17, 2014 at 8:28 am - Reply

I love the little white dash that pops up in the quilt it makes the blocks look like they are connected in a special secret hinge technique for quilters!! I need to make friends with large prints…maybe I’ll give this a try!

Nini~

5. Pam March 17, 2014 at 5:41 pm - Reply

Ohhhhhh! A M Y ! That quilt is soooo gorgeous! I want one!!! Lol…seriously I do want one and hope to get started on one soon….soon as I can get some of THAT fabric!

6. Lizzie March 18, 2014 at 2:31 am - Reply

I see the secret hinge too! This is such a happy quilt. I’m really surprised it is Botanique….It looks totally different than I imagined form looking at swatches. Lovely way to show such a nice large print!

7. Pam March 28, 2014 at 11:24 am - Reply

Hi Amy!
    I love, love, love your star crossed quilt! Your wonderful book arrived today and the whole line of Joel Dewberry’s “Botanique” arrived on Monday!!! Now to get started! Pictures soon!
    hugzzzz