Handmade Gifts

I am nearly done with my book, and can’t wait to send everything in this week! I realized that I never shared my tiny bit of handmade gifting here – and wanted to, before it’s any later!

Paper-pieced - AmysCreativeSide.com

These blocks measure 3 1/2″ square, and were paper pieced for precision.  I just love how crisp all the corners are when paper-pieced!

Paper-pieced - AmysCreativeSide.com

I had this idea for for a zip pouch for a while, and wanted to show off the prints with the subtle background. I also think the size is perfect, for just about anything!  Prints are Clover Sunshine, the background, Essex yarn-dyed in black. I finished up these teacher gifts late the night before the last day of school, added a few extra bits and they were well received.

Paper-pieced - AmysCreativeSide.com

I made a second batch on Christmas eve, and still have a number of them waiting to be made into pouches. Including one for myself! But picking a favorite is hard…there might be a mini of these in my future too – they are just so fun to make!

More soon –

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:03+00:00 January 7th, 2014|finished project|8 Comments

1. Christa Quilts January 7, 2014 at 11:38 am - Reply

These are adorable. I recently made some itty bitty log cabins for Christmas using paper piecing and they turned out so fun!!
    Can’t wait to hear about the upcoming book :-)

2. Kay January 7, 2014 at 12:42 pm - Reply

I really like these. Pouches are one of my favourite gifts to make and it is great to find another design to try. I especially love the fabric choice.

3. tubakk January 7, 2014 at 1:10 pm - Reply

Lovely log cabin blocks.

4. Natalia January 7, 2014 at 1:50 pm - Reply

Adorable Amy! I’ve been thinking about you and that deadline! Hope all is well!

5. Renee January 8, 2014 at 9:11 am - Reply

Those are so pretty! Just love they way look as little pouches and grouped together.

6. Linda Fleming January 8, 2014 at 12:05 pm - Reply

These are just wonderful little blocks.
    Love the fabrics and the pouches. What thoughtful gifts these make.

7. Vicki January 8, 2014 at 4:44 pm - Reply

These are so much fun! Lucky teachers.

8. Carol Jordan January 12, 2014 at 2:00 pm - Reply

I love your book: “Modern Neutrals”. Looking forward to the new book.

I wanted to share with you my version of Shifting Sands. I took your layout and created a quilt for my grown daughter for her new apartment.

I want to share it with you. How would I manage that? Carol in VA Bch