Head Down to the Finish Line

The hard part about writing a book, is not being able to share the quilts I’m really excited to be making! Over the last month, I’ve completed tops for 9 of the 10 projects in my next book, but I saved the most laborious for last. I wanted to be able to focus, and not mix things up, which I haven’t done yet (knock on wood)!

HST Heaven - AmysCreativeSide.com

The project includes some strip piecing – which I like to use a shortened stitch length for. This keeps stitches from unraveling when I cut my segments.

HST Heaven - AmysCreativeSide.com

Any guesses as to how many half-square triangle units are here? I cut all of these with my Go! cutter last week, there’s a few quarter-square triangles too. Then I spent two days of sewing to get to a point where I’m ready to assemble my blocks, as soon as I finish pressing.

HST Heaven - AmysCreativeSide.com

Wish me luck?

I’m also hosting the family Thanksgiving festivities, so I am hoping to find a little balance, and a clean house this week!

More soon,

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:07+00:00 November 25th, 2013|accuquilt, work in progress|8 Comments

1. Virginia November 25, 2013 at 10:05 am - Reply

My guess would be over 1500. Thank goodness you have an Accuquilt cutter. I don’t envy you with all that ironing. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

2. Cindy Smith November 25, 2013 at 10:21 am - Reply

Oh my gosh, close to 2000? Amy, I was just listening to the podcast on my drive in this morning. I am really enjoying the podcast! If I want to back a quilt with flannel, do I need to pre-wash the flannel? I do not pre-wash my quilting fabric but it seems flannel shrinks more than the quilting cottons would.

Thanks,
    Cindy

3. Queenie November 25, 2013 at 10:22 am - Reply

LUCK!
    Pretty fabrids and colors.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

4. Malini November 25, 2013 at 2:05 pm - Reply

WOW! that is lot of cutting! Good luck with the quilts. I am guessing your 500 HTS approximately.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

5. Sarah Schraw November 25, 2013 at 2:19 pm - Reply

Woah! That looks intense!! I’m excited to see what you’re making.

6. sherry November 26, 2013 at 7:49 am - Reply

not even guess…all i know there are enuf to make me feel dizzy…happy quilting

7. Vicki November 26, 2013 at 9:21 am - Reply

You will need more than luck…you’ll need stamina! There are a LOT of pieces there. Hope that you have a really good iron. It will be exciting to see the finished quilt!

8. Natalia November 26, 2013 at 10:57 am - Reply

can’t wait to see your new book! Good luck with everything, we’re boycotting traditional Thanksgiving this year and I couldn’t be more excited! :)