Thanks for tuning in this week! April and I share our wish list of new skills to learn – what’s on your list? Our Top 5 includes tools and notions for learning our new skills.
The wedding quilt – at last! I made this quilt for my sister-in-law and her new husband, who is really tall! When I learned that they were planning to purchase a California King size bed, I super-sized my design!
We all have skills we want to learn, or perfect. Here’s what April and I have on our lists :
– Long-arm binding application
– Needle-turn appliqué
– Consistency in curved piecing
– Hiding/burying knots
– Perle Cotton appliqué
– Hand quilting also with perle cotton
– 1/4″ Paper pieced hexagons
This is the quilt I mentioned in the cast, click the picture to read more about my process in making the quilt.
Top 5 tools for learning/perfecting our skills –
– More perle cotton threads
– Papers for paper piecing – paperpieces.com
– Superior Threads Prewound Bobbin Assortmentfor applique
– Google a method to find your best way to work
All of our episodes are available here, and on iTunes.
Thanks for tuning in! Email your feedback here!
Your ratings and reviews are welcome on iTunes as well – Thanks!