And It Begins!

Our school year is off to a great start, with all four of the kids excited about their teachers and classes! As usual getting through the first day is always a gamble – I’m never sure how exhausted or energetic they will be after the fact. Ellis kids - AmysCreativeSide.com

This is their after school picture this evening. Since Ella is out of the house before the rest wake up, it’s hard to get everyone together before school, but I’m so glad to have this one after.  I’m excited to learn along with them this year – it’s never dull around here for homework time :)

Messenger Bag - AmysCreativeSide.com

Sophia was NOT interested in my taking her picture with her new messenger bag this morning, so I saved that sullen face for you. I just finished this bag for her yesterday, and had fun collaborating with her on it – she loves making selections for me! I used an orphan block from this quilt for the flap, and pulled bits and pieces for the body and pockets. It’s just the right size for her lunch and a little homework at the end of the day.

I leave you with their out takes from our quick photo shoot, I kept clicking hoping for a good one or two :)

Outtakes

When do your kids (grands) go back to school?

More soon –

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:09+00:00 August 20th, 2013|My kids|9 Comments

1. Mary Ann August 21, 2013 at 1:11 am - Reply

My nephews go back to school after labor day. My youngest neph is starting kindergarten, and I’ve had him home with me the last two years so I do kind of feel like a mom letting her baby fly away. My mom and I got him an Avengers backpack and declared us the “Best Grandma and Best Annie in the whole world!”

2. Sharyn Hutchinson August 21, 2013 at 4:11 am - Reply

What a beautiful family, Amy!!! My middle son is in grad school at Villanova and has been in school all summer with one more year to go. My other two are done and my grand baby is only one so no school for him yet. The beginning of the school year was always such an exciting time for us because my husband and I are both teachers. Everybody went back to school at our house. It was truly like “New Year’s Day.”

3. Carla August 21, 2013 at 7:32 am - Reply

It’s nice they are excited! I made lunches and bought school supplies for 24 years. I’m DONE !

4. Queenie August 21, 2013 at 9:24 am - Reply

You have a beautiful family! Wishing you all the best for the new school year.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

5. Florence August 21, 2013 at 1:45 pm - Reply

Here, in France , the day for “back to school” (we say “la rentrée”) will be tuesday 3 September for all kids.

6. Susan @TheBoredZombie.com August 21, 2013 at 2:49 pm - Reply

My kid is year round and is finishing up the first quarter already! I hope you all have a most excellent return to school. :)

7. Susan August 23, 2013 at 3:55 am - Reply

My kid started school on Monday and she is at a new school. We are all looking forward to new adventures. Oh, by the way, she teaches math.

8. Michele August 23, 2013 at 7:11 am - Reply

Cute out takes. My kidlets start after Labor Day as is tradition in this area.

9. Andrea231 December 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm - Reply

Nie zgadzam się w całości z treścią artykuł ale jest dosyć ciekawy. W ramach pierwszej z wyróżnionych grup mieszczą się prawo wyłączające nakładanie dzięki nadający się narząd określonych wymogów. I ano art. 5 ustawy o świadczeniu usług na obszar Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej stanowi, że adekwatny organ nie być może nakładać na usługobiorcę wymogów: 1) które ograniczają korzystanie z usług świadczonych przez usługodawcę, w szczególności: obowiązku uzyskania zezwolenia na korzystanie z usługi; ograniczeń wprowadzających dyskryminację w zakresie przyznawania pomocy finansowej; 2) dyskryminujących ze względu na pokrój albo pozycja zamieszkania.