Handwork

Sometimes slowing down and doing handwork can be so rewarding! Not only does it go everywhere I go, but it helps me to slow down and take time to think about the stitches, but also LIFE in general. I feel like summer is getting away from me and hope that I can enjoy the last few weeks with my kids, and have a little stitching on the side too.

20130728-205614.jpg

I pulled out a couple different groups but ended up loving the vibrancy of these prints! The papers are from Three Kitchen Fairies, and lovely to work with!
I’ll keep you updated as I stitch. Any handwork in your life right now?
More soon –

By | 2013-07-28T21:11:49+00:00 July 29th, 2013|work in progress|10 Comments

1. Sandra July 29, 2013 at 3:45 am - Reply

I’m curious what you will be making; I usually bring handwork on holiday as it’s so portable and easy to do anywhere, and so relaxing!

2. Lucy @ Charm About You July 29, 2013 at 5:29 am - Reply

I’m working on my EPP quilt and hand quilting another. This summer is all about handwork for me!

3. Cathi in Texas July 29, 2013 at 6:58 am - Reply

Hand work is my very favorite thing to do. I’ve just discovered hexi’s & am crazy about them. Also do hand applique & embroidery.

4. Carla July 29, 2013 at 7:43 am - Reply

I love me some EPP. Right now it’s my hexi-bets that I’m packing around. Looking forward to seeing your progress

5. Megan Doreen July 29, 2013 at 8:25 am - Reply

I am also doing some hexagon handwork…only I use the quilt pati plastic templates. I generally prefer them to papers.

Plus, I have 3 quilts waiting for the binding to be handstitched down and 1 waiting for a hand stitched sleeve. So I have plenty to keep me busy on my CO trip this weekend.

6. Nita July 29, 2013 at 12:50 pm - Reply

I am hand quilting a large quilt when it isn’t too hot to hold it in my lap, and making hexies for a quilt the rest of the time! I’m using a jellyroll cut into 2.5″ squares, too. :)

7. Malini July 30, 2013 at 1:16 pm - Reply

Lots of hand tackling binding to the quilt backs, getting ready for Lowell quilt festival.

8. Natalia July 31, 2013 at 9:23 am - Reply

Can’t wait to see what you’re up to now!! :) Looks cute!

9. Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your content seem to be running off the screen in Ie.
    I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let
    you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon.
    Many thanks

Also visit my homepage; adiponectin raspberry ketone fat burner

10. Arica Provenza September 22, 2013 at 2:54 pm - Reply

obviously like your website but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I