“The Declaration of You, published by North Light Craft Books and available now, gives readers all the permission they’ve craved to step passionately into their lives, discover how they and their gifts are unique and uncover what they are meant to do! This post is part of The Declaration of You’s Blog Lovin’ Tour, which I’m thrilled to participate in alongside over 200 other creative bloggers. Learn more – and join us! – by clicking here.”
The topic of discussion this week is success – which is different each of us!
For me success is –
- Believing enough in myself, to take a risk. My first book proposal was SO scary!
- A loving marriage, and best friend in my husband. Joe always encourages me to think bigger too!
- Four beautiful, responsible, and loving kids. Ella, Emmalie, Sophia, and Owen are my full time job, and I’m blessed to be home with them day to day.
- Three beautiful books, that I’m really proud of. Modern Basics, Modern Basics II and Modern Neutrals are kinda my “other children” – they really are a huge labor of love for me and the team at Martingale producing them!
- Friendships made online and in person. Lasting friendships that I cherish and look forward to, each day!
- Working hard, and seeing the impact/opportunities within the quilting industry. Can’t wait to share more fun news in this space soon!
- This space, and the blogging community that I’m proud to be a part of. Blogger’s Quilt Festival is a ton of work, but it’s so fun to see the community come together online!
- Knowing my limitations and asking for help when I need to, or just saying no to some requests.
- Spending my days/nights, the few hours I sneak in, designing and creating quilts that I love.
Each day is an adventure, especially right now with my kiddos home for the summer, but I love the time that I’m able to spend with them. My successes show each of them that they can follow their dreams and do what they love, and success will follow.
The Declaration of You! is a great tool for self-discovery, giving us the freedom to discover without the usual rules, and limitations that we put on ourselves. It’s definitely a book to check out!
What about you? What defines your success?
I’d love to hear –