Modern Neutrals :: Placid Curves

Placid Curves is a showstopper! I’ve watched a number of people flip through Modern Neutrals, and nearly every one had to stop and look at Placid Curves just a bit longer than the rest. While there are a lot of tiny squares and rectangles, there are actually not any curves – simply the illusion of such.  It’s strip-pieced too – much simpler than it looks!

Placid Curves :

Placid Curves - Modern Neutrals :: AmysCreativeSide.com

Placid Curves measures 84″ x 96″ with fabric and block requirements for a throw size included.

Expertly pieced by Audrie of Blue is Bleu!

Quilted by Natalia Bonner – with all the quilts in Modern Neutrals, I asked Natalia to keep it simple, no frills, and I love the results!

Fabrics used in Modern Neutrals were supplied by AdornItAndoverCloud 9Dear StellaModaRiley Blake,Robert Kaufman, and Windham – Many thanks to my friends at each of these companies. I shared about my fabric selection and classification process in this post.

—–

Modern Neutrals is the featured book this month at Fat Quarter Shop, and I have autographed copies available in my book shop too.

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:12+00:00 June 19th, 2013|finished quilt, Modern Neutrals|8 Comments

1. Mary on Lake Pulaski June 19, 2013 at 8:39 am - Reply

How did you ever come up with this beauty Amy? I’m going to read the pattern again and decide if I can make it.

2. Leanne June 19, 2013 at 10:35 am - Reply

This pattern is inspired and inspiring. I love it.

3. Queenie June 19, 2013 at 11:26 am - Reply

This quilt is truly a show stopper. It is visually stunningly wonderful!!! The simple echo waves of the quilting add to the curving illusion.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

4. Audrie June 19, 2013 at 12:34 pm - Reply

Why, this looks awfully familiar! Hehe! It was such fun piecing this, honestly! Thanks for including me in your awesome book :)

5. Victoria June 19, 2013 at 1:23 pm - Reply

Beautiful!!!

6. Kelly Hutchens June 19, 2013 at 4:54 pm - Reply

I LOVELOVELOVE this quilt!! The whole reason I bought the book! Not one to copy quilts “exactly” (color scheme etc…) but may just have to for my first one… I am already envisioning SEVERAL. Don’t know if this would be a good “quilt along” kind of project, but I had thoughts of that as well.

7. Heather June 19, 2013 at 9:38 pm - Reply

this is a stunning quilt. I had to keep looking at it and looking at it. The wavy quilting really does add to the circular feeling.

8. Sandi June 20, 2013 at 6:36 am - Reply

I really like this quilt! The illusion of curves is fascinating. While I think it looks lovely in neutrals, I also think it would be fantastic in brights on white.