Simple Sampler Quilt-Along :: Finished!

If you follow me on instagram, you saw a few peeks at this quilt over the weekend.  I am so happy with the finished product! This being my first foray into quilting with rulers on the long-arm, I learned a ton, and look forward to my next one – in fact if you have a suggestion of rulers to use/purchase, I would love a little input.

Simple Sampler Quilt-Along - AmysCreativeSide.com

Since you can’t see much of the quilting, I took close-up of a couple of my favorite blocks –

Simple Sampler Quilt-Along - AmysCreativeSide.com

I spiraled in to the center in a square, then added graduated loops in the triangles.  All the sashing has figure 8’s, that grew more consistent, the more I quilted.

Simple Sampler Quilt-Along - AmysCreativeSide.com

This one has a pebbled center, with double loops in the print, and graduated lines in the corners.  I had a lot of fun thinking up and trying new things, I’ve referenced my board on pinterest just for quilting a few times too! Not a single block is quilted the same, and knowing that they are not all perfect, I still love the end result = a beautiful finish!

Simple Sampler Quilt-Along - AmysCreativeSide.com

I hope your week is off to a great start!  I’ll be trying to keep my kids busy, and the fridge full – I forget how much they eat all day long when they are home!

More soon – Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:12+00:00 June 10th, 2013|finished quilt, quilt-along|10 Comments

1. Ηi there іt’s me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this site is genuinely fastidious and the visitors are really sharing good thoughts.

My web blog – craigslist phone verified account

2. Malini June 10, 2013 at 6:49 am - Reply

This is looking great! Awesome job on the quilting too!

3. Tammy June 10, 2013 at 7:03 am - Reply

I love the variety of blocks in this quilt, Amy! Now all I need is some time to experiment on some of them myself….

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

4. Mary on Lake Pulaski June 10, 2013 at 8:23 am - Reply

Great job quilting Amy! That looks like a lot of fun!

5. French75 June 10, 2013 at 8:39 am - Reply

How fun! Your quilt is lovely.

Angela Walters has a saying that I often repeat to myself whilst long-arm quilting, “Close enough, is good enough”.

When I got my Innova long-arm machine, I thought I needed lots of rulers and gadgets. I’ve only had my machine since January. The ruler I use the most is a small 4″ x 6″ one from Teryl Loy. It’s small enough to hold in my left hand while I move the machine with my right. I did buy 3 others, but they have been languishing around.

6. Queenie June 10, 2013 at 8:49 am - Reply

Your quilt looks wonderful! Longarm quilting is so much fun. Teryl Loy of Lets Quilt has some wonderful rulers and templates I think you would enjoy. The following is a link to their video page which has good demos regarding the rulers and templates. http://www.terylloy.com/video.htm
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

7. Shannon June 10, 2013 at 8:59 am - Reply

Your quilt looks so good. It is so funny because I just finished mine also. I am sending it to a charity called Happy Chemo. I hope some one loves this quilt because I loved making it. Thank you for a wonderful quilt along. It was fun!! http://nunusquiltworld.blogspot.com/2013/06/h2h-quilts-done.html

8. Lindsay June 10, 2013 at 12:52 pm - Reply

Oh Amy! It’s gorgeous!! You have inspired me to finish mine…right after I finish my nieces quilt, my husbands Spider-Man tshirt quilt and my bed runner!!

9. Sinta Renee June 13, 2013 at 4:52 pm - Reply

Wow, your quilt is beautiful Amy! Great finish!

10. Michele June 16, 2013 at 6:36 am - Reply

Wow! Really nicely done. The quilting looks great. I too am trying to figure out what rulers to get. I don’t want to end up spending money on ones that really won’t get used much, Once you figure out which are the “must haves” I’d love to hear about them.