Modern Basics II :: Patchwork Weave

Patchwork Weave is a great scrap busting quilt! Select a palette for the center mosaic, and start stitching!

Modern Basics II :: Patchwork Weave - AmysCreativeSide.com

Patchwork Weave measures 60″ x 72″ (my favorite size!)

Designed and pieced by me with my Baby Lock Melody

Quilted by Natalia Bonner

Fabrics are from the Free Spirit Designer collections, and my stash

Strip piecing and your favorite colors make this quilt a fun finish. I backed this one with Free Spirit flannels, and it is so soft and comfy! I can’t wait for it to make it to the couch for snuggle time!

—–

I’ll be back tomorrow with another quilt from Modern Basics II!

Available on Amazon and in my bookshop!

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:17+00:00 February 6th, 2013|finished quilt, Modern Basics|6 Comments

1. Natalia February 6, 2013 at 12:43 pm - Reply

Super cute Amy! Can’t wait for your presentation tomorrow night!

2. Malini February 6, 2013 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Your quilt looks awesome! Love the border color which you choose compliments the blocks and the background.

3. Shirley Hoffman November 16, 2016 at 1:02 pm - Reply

If all the blocks of Patchwork Weave measure 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″ , how are they put together? I got the pattern from “The Big Book of Scrappy Quilts”. Cannot figure out where the 2″ x 12 1/2″ strips go to make up the 12 1/2″ squares. I have all the blocks made through Step #6. From the picture it would appear that the quilt measures 54″ x 63″.

• Amy November 16, 2016 at 1:37 pm - Reply

Hi Shirley,
      Step 8 has you make 11 blocks with the 2″x 12 1/2″ rectangles on one side – sounds like you are almost there. Keep going!

4. Shirley Hoffman November 16, 2016 at 4:53 pm - Reply

Thanks Amy for your prompt reply. I did notice Step 8 ended up in a 12 1/2″ square but I am still wondering how it was all put together in order to get the 20 (about 3″) squares in five rows of the quilt. There were no cutting instructions for this piece. I love scrappy quilts and am making this for our Serendipity charity in Saskatoon.

5. ShirleyHoffman November 16, 2016 at 6:10 pm - Reply

Dear Amy: I laid out some blocks and the light bulb finally came on!! I think I’ve got it. Thanks again – just had to keep going like you said. Fantastic design.