Dancing Stars Quilt-Along :: Video Tutorial

Hi there! I disappeared last week, but I’ve been working on lots of good stuff! First up is a video tutorial for the Quilt-Along :

I hope that this is helpful for some of you!  If you don’t have a pattern yet, click over here for a free download.  This is the ruler that I used in the video, I’m really liking it!  And the papers are here – Enjoy.

Birthday girl!Yesterday we celebrated Emmalie’s 9th birthday – I am so blessed to be her mom!  I look forward to seeing her grow and blossom into a beautiful young lady, next year she hits double digits…where has the time gone?

Tomorrow Modern Basics II starts shipping, and I will be sharing more about the quilts in the book soon, for now I need to stock up on shipping supplies.

More soon – Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:17+00:00 January 7th, 2013|My kids, quilt-along|14 Comments

1. Cindy Sharp January 7, 2013 at 7:39 am - Reply

Happiest of days to your sweet Emmalie on her birthday. The time does fly….so savor every moment.

2. Jean January 7, 2013 at 10:09 am - Reply

LOVE the pattern! I can see this as a good scrap-buster project! I’m going to have to play… Thanks for posting this!

3. Snoodles January 7, 2013 at 12:30 pm - Reply

Great video tutorial – for a visual learner like me, that is so helpful! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

4. edyB January 7, 2013 at 6:12 pm - Reply

Thanks so much for the video … visuals always help!
    Eager to get started…

5. Maureen Mangrum January 8, 2013 at 5:37 am - Reply

Thanks for the tutorial! I got tickled when I first glanced at the title…thought it said “Dancing with the Stars” :)

6. Dana January 8, 2013 at 11:02 am - Reply

Thanks for taking the time to make such a great video tutorial of paper piecing and your awesome “Dancing Stars” pattern. Plus, I loved hearing your voice again . . .made it seem almost like I was right there with you. :)

7. Malini January 9, 2013 at 3:22 pm - Reply

Happy Birthday to Emmalie!

I am excited about getting started on the dancing stars quilt along.

8. Sharon - IN January 9, 2013 at 7:23 pm - Reply

Good to see that Add-a-quarter tool in use! It does look handy. Now to get started on my blocks!

9. Barbara January 12, 2013 at 7:32 pm - Reply

What size is a finished block?? I printed a pattern,
    but I think it’s too small as the pattern printed two
    pages on one sheet of paper.

10. Janet January 15, 2013 at 11:52 am - Reply

Thanks for taking the time to make that video. I appreciate your work. It is so helpful to see the process.

11. Marci Girl January 18, 2013 at 9:21 am - Reply

Great video Amy, so clear and precise! Also what a lovely voice and hand you have! I can’t wait to start constructing!

12. Marci Girl January 21, 2013 at 8:33 am - Reply

Amy, maybe you said it in the video and I missed it, but where did you get that cool ruler with the 1/4″ lip? Or what is the name of that gadget? I looked at JoAnns this weekend with no luck.

13. Sara February 23, 2013 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Hi Amy!

I love this pattern. I have all of my fabric cut minus the background fabric. I have looked at it a few times to make sure I am reading it correctly. It says “cut 1 strip 9 3/4″ wide,and then crosscut into; 2 squares, 9 3/4″ x 9 3/4”, then cut on the diagonal twice to yield 12 quarter triangles for setting.

How do I get 12 quarter triangles out of 2 squares? I am lost.

Please help me!

14. Moshe Delahay April 9, 2013 at 9:41 pm - Reply

Once I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you can remove me from that service? Thanks!