Two Steps Forward….

…one step back!

I finally decided how to quilt my Button Box quilt, and messed it up!

I spent last night picking stitches until my finger tips hurt, hopefully tomorrow I can resume my efforts.

Have you ever picked out quilting?

Hope that’s not what you are doing today!

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:19+00:00 October 2nd, 2012|work in progress|14 Comments

1. Shelly Pagliai October 2, 2012 at 5:31 am - Reply

I have, and it’s NO fun! Hope it’s over for you soon, and you can get back to sewing in forward!

2. Johanna October 2, 2012 at 6:00 am - Reply

Sometime I have to say and repeat to myself “my seam ripper in my friend”. Been there, not much fun un-sewing!

In the end though, it is worth it. You can only make it once. I’d rather un-sew and fix instead of saying why didn’t I fix or change this. It still isn’t fun though!

3. Lisa Lisa October 2, 2012 at 6:50 am - Reply

I just went through the same thing with a quilt that I was donating for a raffle :( Hopefully not too much to rip out.

4. Cindy Sharp October 2, 2012 at 7:31 am - Reply

Now I will have Vin Diesel singing the Peter Panda song in my head all day. At least it makes me smile. (From The Pacifier)

Sorry about the unstitching…..

5. Michelle @ needle and nest October 2, 2012 at 7:43 am - Reply

Oh no, that’s the worst! I’ve only had to do that once before and thankfully it was only a baby quilt!

6. Sew Create It - Jane October 2, 2012 at 8:15 am - Reply

Yep…I have unpicked quilting twice in the same quilt…and, yes it is painful, but when you get it the way you want you’ll be pleased you did. ((hugs))

7. Mary on Lake Pulaski October 2, 2012 at 8:26 am - Reply

Wishing you could wake up to it all picked out. Yes, I’ve done it too…not fun.

8. Melissa Corry October 2, 2012 at 9:45 am - Reply

I have unpicked it a few times and it bites every time!!! Sorry, get a good movie to watch :)

9. kate brown October 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm - Reply

I have done it more than a few times but I have always been glad after. Hope your goes fast!

10. Shanna October 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm - Reply

lol, That is exactly what I am doing today (I wrote a post about it), how funny. Its not my favorite thing to do, that is for certain! I wish you well and hope it turns out okay for you in the end.

11. Diane October 3, 2012 at 2:57 am - Reply

The dance itself is a walking dance, which has its roots in American foxtrot and swing. More complex forms of the Texas two-step include lots of spins and turns with your partner.

12. Linda October 3, 2012 at 4:53 am - Reply

Taking out those quilted stitches is not too bad if you use an eyebrow shaper between the layers.

13. AnnieO October 3, 2012 at 10:18 am - Reply

OH yes, many times! Usually because I call my quilting style I.T.I.S. (I’ll Try It and See)….which can mean several false starts before I like what I’m doing. Practice pieces just aren’t “the real thing” and you never really know what is going to happen!

I always tell people who ask about my love of sewing that one shouldn’t sew unless one is willing to rip!

14. Heidi October 3, 2012 at 12:18 pm - Reply

Ugh..YES! Jack *the seam ripper* are very good friends.