Floss Fun

I’ve been collecting Cosmo floss for my Dessert of the Month patterns in a couple baggies.  But found myself frustrated with the lack of organization, so I treated myself to a JoAnn trip!

I used some TV time to wind the floss on the bobbins and put them in number order.

That feels better!

With football on all day yesterday (here), I finally got started on catching up!

For me, getting started is the biggest battle! I always count two and three times to be sure that I’ve started in the right spot, now I’m just anxious to finish this one! They are so cute and fun to work, I’m loving the relaxing aspect of it too.

Are you starting anything this week?

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:19+00:00 September 24th, 2012|work in progress|11 Comments

1. Lynne @ boutschoisis September 24, 2012 at 5:49 am - Reply

I have a complete set of DMC wound and stored like that – it certainly makes life easier!

2. Snoodles September 24, 2012 at 7:23 am - Reply

What a great idea! That must make things much more fun!

3. Lori Smanski September 24, 2012 at 7:57 am - Reply

I store my floss the same way. I write on the little tab the number of the color of floss and where I purchased it.
    Cant wait to see what your project is finished.

4. suvi September 24, 2012 at 9:21 am - Reply

I store my floss the same way. I even have one of those little plastic floss winder thigamajics, never use it though.

5. Sherri September 24, 2012 at 11:25 am - Reply

I would love to organize my floss like this…need. more. time!!!

6. Flying Blind September 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm - Reply

Oooh Mrs Tidy!

7. Kelsey September 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm - Reply

Yours look great!! I’m so behind – I think through February – eek!

8. Holly September 24, 2012 at 2:40 pm - Reply

Doesn’t it feel great to have your floss all organized and pretty? I have a friend who wasn’t using hers anymore and gave me a box full of DMC floss all arranged in numerical order. I’ve been cross stitching and definitely enjoy the meditative aspect of stitching.

9. Carrie P. September 24, 2012 at 4:57 pm - Reply

nice and neat!

10. amy ( sew~amy) September 25, 2012 at 9:29 pm - Reply

I always am counting 2 or 3 times too. And those desserts are so cute.

11. Kathe September 26, 2012 at 3:37 pm - Reply

I personally like using the Floss-Away baggies for all my floss. I always try to figure out what to do with the pieces that I cut off and for me just putting them back in the baggies works. You work looks great.