To Go Projects

Are a must right now!

I often drop the girls & Owen off at school on bikes, as long as we are organized enough to get out the door on time!  And Ella will ride her bike, an hour earlier most days as well.

If we have a rough morning, or the immanent threat of rain, I will have a total of five trips to two different schools. And waiting to pick them up I’ll stitch a hexie or two! They also come in handy, at the soccer field or while “watching” football.

I’ve basted plenty of hexies, but this is the first shape I’ve basted together! I have a plan for a little mini, that I’m officially working toward now. Previously, I was just basting them, with no project in mind. I’ll share more soon :)

Do you have a to go project?

Hope you are well –

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:19+00:00 September 18th, 2012|work in progress|15 Comments

1. Jevne September 18, 2012 at 7:28 am - Reply

Your hexies are so bright and colorful. They are my to go project as well, but I don’t usually take them farther than my chair in the evenings. Basting them takes so little time, it’s the stitching them together that takes me so long. I now have 27 flowers done, still a long way from anything!

2. kelli September 18, 2012 at 9:10 am - Reply

hexies are definitely my go to project… I also use a Wonder Women metal lunch box to keep my supplies in! It’s the best!

3. Maria do Carmo Pezzuto September 18, 2012 at 9:11 am - Reply

Hexágonos para mim é sempre um projeto inacabado,estou sempre fazendo e recomeçando,amo fazer.

4. Becky September 18, 2012 at 9:44 am - Reply

haha! I can totally understand. Those waiting at school times leave me antsy too. I usually bring my Kindle and read, or just enjoy people watching (one of my favorite past times). Your hexies are great!

5. Sandi Colwell September 18, 2012 at 10:38 am - Reply

I bring hexies along to extra curricular activities and also sashiko and crochet! Have to keep my hands busy! Your hexies look great!

6. Snoodles September 18, 2012 at 11:30 am - Reply

I either bring hexies or my knitting….just don’t know what to do if I’m not “doing” something with my hands! LOL
    Love the shape you made; looking forward to seeing what you make!

7. Kate Brown September 18, 2012 at 12:25 pm - Reply

I dont have a to go project but I have wanted to learn to do hexies and this sounds like a good idea!

8. Heather September 18, 2012 at 1:04 pm - Reply

Hexies were my take along project for swimming lessons this summer and I recently finished a mini quilt with them. I don’t have long wait times for drop off and pick up but I like to keep my hands busy while watching movies and such so I crochet or embroider.

9. Sarah@PingsAndNeedles September 18, 2012 at 1:26 pm - Reply

love yr hexies … absolutely my go-to project too … this year I’m appliqueing them onto blocks, so that I actually finish the project! LOL

10. Queenie Believe September 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm - Reply

Currently I do not have a togo project but I think I need one with the holidays around the corner and too much travel time to make the family rounds of visiting.
    Looking forward to see what you have in store for these cute wee hexies.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

11. Janice September 18, 2012 at 3:57 pm - Reply

Cute hexies! I have some to-go hexes right now, because we are moving and my sewing machine is packed away. I think I’d go crazy if I couldn’t sew for a couple weeks!

12. Annie September 18, 2012 at 5:13 pm - Reply

My “to Go” project is for road trips west only… a cathedral windows quilt. I’ve been working on it for about 10 years now and have it almost half finished. Guess I need to head west more!

13. Cheryl Arkison September 19, 2012 at 12:55 am - Reply

I was working on my “swimming lesson sewing” just this morning! I need to refresh the supply of pieces in the bag, but I love having this little portable project.

14. Tsoniki Crazy Bull September 20, 2012 at 8:58 am - Reply

Hexies are my go to project as well. I have a small container I carry the supplies in and they are a quick grab when we are running out the door!

15. Hexagon Sewing | Amy's Creative Side October 18, 2012 at 4:03 am - Reply

[…] Posted on October 18th, by Amy in work in progress. No Comments Remember I told you I had a plan for my hexies? I haven’t managed to organize and cut my scraps to size, but I did pick up a […]