At Last!

A complete quilt top! I feel like this has been forever in the making, but it’s done :)

I had hoped to baste and begin quilting over the weekend, but it didn’t happen.  That’s okay with me – we had a great family weekend!  So on my list this week will be sewing up the backing I pulled out, and getting started on the quilting.

What are you up to this week?

Happy Quilting ~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:19+00:00 September 17th, 2012|work in progress|21 Comments

1. Mary on Lake Pulaski September 17, 2012 at 6:11 am - Reply

That is so gorgeous Amy! Love the fussy cut flower centers to the stars. Will it be a pattern?

2. Mary Ann September 17, 2012 at 7:02 am - Reply

Wonderful quilt Amy. It has the look of vintage fabric, I love it.

3. Denny September 17, 2012 at 7:46 am - Reply

Beautiful!

4. Snoodles September 17, 2012 at 8:10 am - Reply

That is stunning! I agree with another comment, it has a vintage look to it. Will this be a pattern that you release or is it for a book?

5. Sally September 17, 2012 at 8:24 am - Reply

Very pretty! If I was a naming kinda gal I’d call it “Grandma’s Button Box,” it has that kind of ooh-look,old-buttons! feel to it.

6. Kelsey September 17, 2012 at 8:24 am - Reply

Such a beautiful quilt – stunning!

7. jodi September 17, 2012 at 8:24 am - Reply

I love, especially the multiple sizes! Looking forward to see what backing you chose.

8. Melissa September 17, 2012 at 9:16 am - Reply

I saw where you were working on these blocks on instagram. Nice to see the finished top. I love the different sizes. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

9. Lauren aka Giddy99 September 17, 2012 at 9:31 am - Reply

It’s beautiful! Congratulations on your finish. :)

10. Annie K September 17, 2012 at 10:26 am - Reply

Gorgeous!!!! What are you going to do for the binding?

11. Beth September 17, 2012 at 10:27 am - Reply

It’s fabulous, Amy! So many beautiful colors and prints.
    Smiles~Beth

12. Dawn Hollingsworth September 17, 2012 at 10:39 am - Reply

WOW! Just stunning!! I also hope this will have a pattern made available!

13. Sara September 17, 2012 at 10:47 am - Reply

Definitely worth the wait, because it’s gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the final quilted/bound product!

14. Bobbi D Dougherty September 17, 2012 at 12:35 pm - Reply

Wow, this is gorgeous! I would love to make something like this. :)

15. Heidi @ Fabric Mutt September 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm - Reply

Gorgeous! What a great mix of colors and sizes!

16. Kate Brown September 17, 2012 at 1:48 pm - Reply

I can see why it took so long to make, Wow!! It is beautiful!

17. Cindy Sharp September 17, 2012 at 3:12 pm - Reply

Love it!

18. Sarah Craig September 17, 2012 at 5:03 pm - Reply

Love love love that top, Amy! Definitely a labor of love…. I’m working on a couple of those myself – the quilts I’m making for my granddaughters for Christmas! I hope to get both tops finished this week….

19. Colleen September 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm - Reply

So glad you got it done! It’s even more gorgeous in person.

20. Michele September 18, 2012 at 4:04 am - Reply

Sweet. So what am I up to this week, sewing wise that is? Lots and lots of dots!

21. […] of you asked about a pattern for this quilt, fortunately the pattern was already written, and I added a few details to cover the layout for my […]