Catching Up

With the kids all in school for 2.5 hours (Owen is done by 11:15 am) I’ve been working into my own routine.  Mainly including a bike ride after taking them on their bikes to school. It’s so nice to plug in my headphones and push myself to keep going up, I have a nine mile route that has a good climb in a couple spots – a great challenge!  The picture above is our valley, and the view while out on my bike.

Owen had a little homework – drawing his family so his class can get to know him better.  I LOVE these first drawings!

I spent all of Sunday canning pears – my feet were aching, but I’m happy to have it done!

I’ve been using Frippery to make a sample for my Sewing Summit class “Precision Piecing” is an intro to piecing, with accurate cuts, and seams.  We are registering for classes today and I look forward to connecting with everyone in my class!

That’s all for now!  I hope you are having a great Tuesday ~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:20+00:00 September 11th, 2012|My kids, The Sewing Summit, work in progress|9 Comments

1. Sarah Craig September 11, 2012 at 7:01 am - Reply

Love your stuff for Sewing Summit – I wish I was going to be there, but couldn’t do it this year. But I’ll be there next year, good Lord willing and the creek don’t rise…..

2. Cindy Sharp September 11, 2012 at 7:05 am - Reply

Love your view.

3. Lori Smanski September 11, 2012 at 7:37 am - Reply

What a lovely view. Good girl for exercising. So many dont really understand the benefits. My children are now 27 and 24. I still have a lot of their artwork.

4. Snoodles September 11, 2012 at 8:31 am - Reply

Glorious view, and I echo the cheers for the artwork — still have my kids’ stuff and they are in their 20’s! Know what you mean about your feet…it’s grape jelly time here! :)

5. Kate Brown September 11, 2012 at 9:50 am - Reply

You live in a really beautiful area! I love that he put smiles on everyones faces in his picture :) The first pictures are so wonderful!

6. Mrs A September 11, 2012 at 1:47 pm - Reply

What a gorgeous view! I love the mountains, so pretty. I still have a few bits and pieces of my kids stuff too!

7. Pam September 11, 2012 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Hi Amy,

I’ve been reading your blog for some time now. You are very talented and you come across as a down-to-earth, likeable kind of person. :)

I just completed my agenda for Sewing Summit and I am very excited that I was able to get into your class. I’m looking forward to meeting you next month.

8. Karen September 11, 2012 at 6:17 pm - Reply

Excited to be meeting you at Sewing Summit. Frippery is so much fun.

9. Cheryl Arkison September 19, 2012 at 12:58 am - Reply

Good for you for exercising during that short break with Owen in school. I should do that, but I take my 2 hours and hopefully sew. But it is the only time I’m getting these days to do it. Unless, of course, I stay up really late.