What Goes Up, Must Come Down

Joe and I have been mountain biking lately. Riding the trails about 5 minutes from our house in the evenings. Getting to the top last night was a test, but the views were incredible!

I mistakenly thought this was the top, but we decided to go up a bit more, and this was our view before we started going down.

The downhill is so fun, yet focused. It’s nice to have nothing else on my mind while riding!

I did great until the very last switchback, (I was determined to make it around without stopping this time) I panicked and grabbed the wrong brake… Today I’m a little bruised and sore, and have a few bandages on my hand and knee, but I can’t wait to go back and do it again!

What’s your stress reliever?

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:21+00:00 July 24th, 2012|Me|17 Comments

1. CitricSugar July 24, 2012 at 10:08 am - Reply

Ooohh, ouch! Take care of yourself.

Sewing is my stress reliever but I have been known to really enjoy a long walk.

2. Petra July 24, 2012 at 10:27 am - Reply

I hope your scraps and bruises heal quickly! It looks like a beautiful ride.

3. Debbe July 24, 2012 at 10:36 am - Reply

Amazing view! Sewing is usually my stress reliever, but if I’m angry at my hubby, and he is in the room with my sewing stuff, I usually pick a room and start scrubbing. If I’m scrubbing he knows I’m really mad.

4. Michele July 24, 2012 at 11:08 am - Reply

Glad the injuries weren’t serious. My stress reliever? Sewing of course and a little chocolate never hurts either.

5. Carolyn @ Sweetboaterchick July 24, 2012 at 11:23 am - Reply

Beautiful views! Currently, sewing and swimming are my stress relievers. But usually, when not laid up from knee surgery, whitewater kayaking is the best release for me :) . Feel better!

6. Anne July 24, 2012 at 12:14 pm - Reply

I’m impressed . . . and i hope you’re ok.

7. Candy from Candied Fabrics July 24, 2012 at 1:52 pm - Reply

Absolutely stunning! Worth a few bumps! ;-)

8. Irelle Beatie July 24, 2012 at 4:15 pm - Reply

Workouts with my trainer and run/walks in the neighborhood are my stress relievers. Its amazing how a little fresh air and exercise can do wonders for your frame of mind. With my addiction to sewing after work, I would probably not see the light of day without those daily walks :)

9. Beth July 24, 2012 at 5:28 pm - Reply

Good for you! Way to test your limits! That view is is amazing! Since I don’t typically have deadlines, sewing is my stress reliever. Smiles~Beth

10. Ann Marie July 24, 2012 at 5:57 pm - Reply

OH i can’t wait to move to Utah and see views like that. Wish it was tomorrow! You will make it next time without stopping, I know you will. Until then heal quickly.

11. Lynne July 25, 2012 at 4:39 am - Reply

Lovely views. Reading or knitting is the best way for me to relieve stress, although when the weather warms up a good walk is nice too!

Hope you’re feeling better soon.

12. Margaret July 25, 2012 at 6:03 am - Reply

What an amazing view. I applaude your energy

13. Snoodles July 25, 2012 at 8:22 am - Reply

Looks like an amazing trip…hope next time you make it without the scrapes and bruises! For me, sewing and hand-quilting are my therapy! :)

14. Sheila July 25, 2012 at 1:34 pm - Reply

Stunning pics – which part of the country are you in?

15. Karen July 26, 2012 at 9:16 am - Reply

Girl, you are wild! What a beautiful time to spend with your husband. Enjoy those moments!

16. kim July 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm - Reply

On our way to visit our son in Park City next week! John and his girlfriend ride mountain trails in the summer and snowboard all winter….a touhc more active than me!!! Looking forward to seeing these beautiful views.

Glad you were just bruised…and not badly injured

17. Kimberlee August 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm - Reply

Oh I would love to go riding with that view! My stress reliever is karate. I need to go every night, but lessons are offered no more than twice a week. :P