Busy Days (and nights!)

Hey there! I’ve been working hard to meet commitments, and find myself leaving notes for the morning.

20120723-105033.jpg

If I don’t, I forget and keep on sewing with a super linty machine!

20120723-105346.jpg

Thank goodness my machine is easy to clean. I love it!

I’ll catch up with you soon —

By | 2012-07-23T10:56:37+00:00 July 23rd, 2012|sewing|8 Comments

1. Peggy Plumley July 23, 2012 at 1:24 pm - Reply

Amy,

I have to ask, what machine do you have? From the pictures you posted it is similar to mine and I have to ask. How do you clean it? I noticed that you didn’t take the metal plate off, and I cannot take mine off either.

I just found a link and clicked on it. You have a Baby Lock. I have the Baby Lock’s baby brother, Brother. Did it tell you how in the instruction manual? I will recheck mine, but I don’t remember anything about cleaning in it.

Thank you ahead of time for your response. And yes I do understand that you are busy and may not have time to answer my question.

Peggy

• Peggy Plumley July 23, 2012 at 1:40 pm - Reply

Amy,

You’re a doll!!! I found the information I was looking for and guess what I am doing tonight?

• DeniseMarie July 24, 2012 at 11:26 am - Reply

I have a Brother as well (it looks just like that picture) and I do take the metal plate off when I clean it. Just loosen those two big screws and it comes right off. So satisfying to clean out a big wad of lint!

2. Captain StitchyPants July 23, 2012 at 2:05 pm - Reply

I find I often have to leave post-it reminders in the oddest places, or it’s just not going to happen! In my shoes are a favourite location, to remind me to take things with me when I leave the house…

• Rachel July 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm - Reply

If I have to remeber to take something with me, I leave my car keys with them – so I can’t leave without it (this leads to me leaving my car keys in the office fridge from time to time… I’m sure my colleagues chuckle about it!)
      :-)

3. Debbie-Esch House Quilts July 23, 2012 at 3:32 pm - Reply

Great idea! My machine could really use some oil :)

4. Queenie Believe July 24, 2012 at 10:25 am - Reply

Lint bunnies :o)
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

5. Lynne July 25, 2012 at 2:23 am - Reply

Oooo! Yes,it was time for a clean!