Messy Moment

Hi there! I feel like I haven’t been here at all – how are you?  I’ve been trying to keep up with my kids and all the fun of summer, and squeeze in sewing time, when I can.

Yesterday, I pulled everything out and had a massive mess! The kind of mess that makes it hard to think straight, hard to get things done.  Worst part is this is our kitchen table, so it does have to be cleaned up for dinner.

I do have a couple of deadlines that I’m working on, so I can’t share what I’m working on quite yet. I will when I can, for sure!

I thought I would put up a linky, and see if I could challenge or dare you to share your mess.

Better yet, share a before and after, and win a prize!

I’ll come up with something good for a prize.

Thanks for sharing – hopefully my mess isn’t really that bad ;)

I dare you to share!

[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
By | 2017-02-06T09:18:22+00:00 June 26th, 2012|sewing|23 Comments

1. Messy, messy | Shark's Dinner June 26, 2012 at 1:35 am - Reply

[…] from Amy’s Creative Side challenged her readers to show their messy sewing space and I’m happy to oblige. Last weekend […]

2. Cille June 26, 2012 at 3:25 am - Reply

Not much of a mess rigtht now unless you count in some unruly piles of fabric. But at least they’re on the shelf ;)

3. Snoodles June 26, 2012 at 7:53 am - Reply

LOL Let me grab the camera, and I’ll be right back! Heehee!

4. Cindy Sharp June 26, 2012 at 7:54 am - Reply

Mess? I see no mess, just the seeds of creativity…..and a good excuse to have a picnic….in the livingroom.

5. rayna gillman June 26, 2012 at 8:22 am - Reply

This is just the tip of the iceberg! You don’t want to see the rest of my sewing room or my real studio, which is elsewhere.
    ARGH.

6. Pétra June 26, 2012 at 9:42 am - Reply

A big overhaul has been in the works for my studio I’ll try to get it done this week (my kids are in camp) and share. I lurve a studio overhaul!!

7. LizA. June 26, 2012 at 10:18 am - Reply

Oh, I’d win this for sure. My husband describes my sewing room as “worse than the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina–Huricane Liz!” there will be no pictures because a) the room is too big Nd it’s bad, really bad. And, b) I’m too busy painting & doing other home improvement projects in prep for getting the house ready to sell. Yes, I know, that means the room must be cleaned up. But, I’m heading out to rent a storage unit…….

8. Misha June 26, 2012 at 10:30 am - Reply

my link is from December, but it looks mostly the same today, LOL!

9. Queenie Believe June 26, 2012 at 11:47 am - Reply

I think sharing photos of my mess would shock me beyond reality into a coma -lol- Actually, its not that bad… there is a method to the madness… I’m in the process of designing a wedding quilt and have opened boxes of stash fabrics around and about and my work table’s a swirl of pulled fabrics… The creative process… Yeah that’s what I’ll call it… -lol-
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

10. A.J. Dub (Amy) June 26, 2012 at 12:21 pm - Reply

I can’t get too messy as I sew at the kitchen table and store most of my stuff in the garage. :) It gets crazy occasionally, but now that I have shelves it is manageable. And it is pretty clean right now. No fun to share.

11. Beth June 26, 2012 at 2:52 pm - Reply

Good to see I am not the only one ;) Looking forward to seeing what you are working on.
    Smiles~Beth

12. sewfrench June 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm - Reply

I wondered if I was going to get a blog post in today. Once I get settled back in, this should be easy!

13. I accept. | June 26, 2012 at 6:24 pm - Reply

[…] at Amy’s Creative Side, dared us to show our […]

14. Heidi June 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm - Reply

Of course…I just cleaned mine up today just so the cleaning lady could dust and vacuum….I am sure it will be a mess by tomorrow ;)

15. bobbie June 27, 2012 at 12:23 am - Reply

oh dear! i wont be able to post pictures til later this week but my craft room merged into my bedroom. I moved everthing into the living room and eek its awful! hopefully it will be put to rights by tomorrow!

16. M-R @ Quilt Matters June 27, 2012 at 6:32 am - Reply

How timely! I started reorganizing my sewing space last week and took some before pictures. This is great incentive to get it finished pronto! :)

17. Kelly Jackson June 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Are you kidding me? I have no shame what so ever…I even included the word “Meyham” in my title…LOL. Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do!

Smiles,
    Kelly

18. Ellie Q June 29, 2012 at 7:19 am - Reply

I think I work better in a mess. …or that’s just what I’ve convinced myself because I don’t want to “waste” precious sewing time to clean it up!

19. Amy C June 29, 2012 at 1:35 pm - Reply

My mess spreads from thetiny cottage living room (where I baste and blog and plan and faff!! ) to the tiny kitchen table (where I cut fabric) to the small sewing closet (where I sew and iron and store fabrics etc). I think I’ll just share the mess/creativity that happens in the closet/walk-in-wardrobe!! No one really needs to see what state the rest of the house is in because of my sewing hobby!! :)

20. Sarah Craig June 29, 2012 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Well, looking at all those pics above (including mine!) you should feel much better now!!

21. […] sewing room.  Well now it needs that all over again.  Normally I wouldn’t show the mess but Amy at Amy’s Creative Side dared me….and goodness knows, I typically take a […]

22. The unnamed Kona wall hanging. | August 8, 2012 at 6:01 am - Reply

[…] Remember this? From Amy’s Show Me Your Mess Challenge? […]

23. Courtney Nichols December 16, 2015 at 12:53 pm - Reply

Hi Amy,

I’m Courtney from Cotopaxi. We are passionate about adventure, making a positive impact, and inspiring others to do the same with our outdoor adventure gear.

After checking out your blog, I noticed that you’ve done quite a few DIY projects. Repurposing different materials is such an important part of what we do at Cotopaxi; in fact, several of our bags are made completely from repurposed fabrics. They’re pretty cool and since they’re made from scrap materials, no two bags are alike!

We’ve put together an infographic that shows a few fun ways in which you can repurpose old fabrics to give them new life. I’d love to send it your way, along with a few photos of the repurposed bags we sell. Are you interested?

Adventure on,