Quick Laundry Bags

Hi friends – My older two girls, 8 & 12, have been doing their own laundry, they decided doing their own, was better than helping to sort for all for kids. So to keep things organized they needed their own laundry bags. I found a few full yard pieces in my stash and let them choose which they wanted. Then I took an hour to make these fun drawstring laundry bags!

20120611-220126.jpg
On the left is It’s a Hoot by Momo, for Moda, mostly out of print at this point, for Emmalie. On the right is Delighted, by The Quilted Fish, for Riley Blake, for Ella.
I had fun with a fast finish, and the girls immediately picked up all their laundry to half fill their bags. That’s a win – win situation!
Any fast finishes at your place today?

By | 2012-06-12T23:40:02+00:00 June 12th, 2012|finished project|9 Comments

1. Jo @ a life in lists June 12, 2012 at 6:25 am - Reply

Gosh, I hope my boys grow up as keen to do their own laundry! I will definitely make them their own laundry bags if they do, it’s a small price to pay :)

2. Snoodles June 12, 2012 at 7:16 am - Reply

Super idea….and looks like it was a hit! I love quick projects!

3. Cindy Sharp June 12, 2012 at 7:37 am - Reply

Awesome! I wonder if that would work with my three teen age sons?

4. randi June 12, 2012 at 8:01 am - Reply

Cute bags! If you gotta do laundry, you might as well do it in style!

Finishes! I do have one–a baby quilt. But I started three other quilts too. It’s one of those over-inspired times! :)

5. Linda Winters June 12, 2012 at 8:07 am - Reply

I love the laundry bags. That will help the girls take ownership!
    When each of my three sons was ready to start middle school, I took him in the laundry room and taught him how to do his laundry – sorting, taking care of stains, using the dryer, etc. It was “Now that you are old enough, you will start taking care of your own laundry.” They considered it a “rite of passage” and accepted it without any complaints. There were no more “Mom, I don’t have any clean underwear” comments as we were getting ready for school (I taught) and if they had forgotten to wash something, it was no longer MY fault.

6. Beth June 12, 2012 at 2:00 pm - Reply

I am equally amazed by the quick and cute laundry bags & the fact that your girls are doing laundry…WOW!! Definately a win win! Smiles~Beth

7. Debbie-Esch House Quilts June 12, 2012 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Those bags are darling – I’m so impressed that your girls do their own laundry! I have a hard job getting my 16 and 19 year old girls to do that :)

8. Sheila June 12, 2012 at 9:37 pm - Reply

That does sound like a result on all fronts.

9. Ara Tomkowicz June 13, 2012 at 1:39 am - Reply

I wonder if other people have done this before.. Cool Stuff!