Bloggers’ Quilt Festival – Vote Now!

Hi friends! That took a bit longer than I intended! You can still vote for Viewer’s Choice quilts, by visiting the Festival post. If the option to vote is no longer there – you voted already!

advertadvertadvert

Below is each of the 15 categories, I have included the top 5 nominations, in some cases there was a tie for #5 and I included those as well. You have one vote per category, you may click over to read the post prior to voting if you like as well. Some quilts have been nominated in multiple categories, however they will only win in one category.

advert

The winner of the Favorite Baby Quilt category, will win a fat quarter bundle of Mod Squad from Fabricworm!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Throw Quilt category, will win a $50 Gift Certificate from Fat Quarter Shop!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Bed Quilt category, will win a $50 Gift Certificate from Fat Quarter Shop!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Group/Bee Quilt category, will win a Fat Quarterly subscription from the crew at Fat Quarterly!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Two Color Quilt category, will win a Quilt Journal, a set of Note Cards, and an Eco Tote from Pattern Spot!

advert

The winner of the Favorite ROYGBIV (color wheel) Quilt category, will win a $50 Gift Certificate from Fat Quarter Shop!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Applique Quilt category, will win a Moda Layer Cake from Piece N Quilt!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Pieced Quilt category, will win a Thread Kit from Aurifil!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Hand Quilted Quilt category, will win a $50 Gift Certificate from Martingale!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Home Machine Quilted Quilt category, will win a bundle of A Walk in the Woodsfrom JAQS Fabrics!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Professionally Quilted Quilt category, will win a Trace ‘N Create Quilt Template-Dresden Collection and a Trace ‘N Create Quilt Template-Lone Star Collection  from Nancy Zieman!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Quilt Photographer category, will win a $40 Gift Certificate from Canton Village Quilt Works!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Art Quilt category, will win  a $50 Gift Certificate from Martingale!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Doll/Mini Quilt category, will win a 1 year membership to The Quilt Show from This-N-That Fabrics!

advert

The winner of the Favorite Wall Hanging category, will win a Beginner Combo Kit from Day Style Designs Quilt Shop!

Those of you not nominated still have a chance to win from these fabulous sponsors!

advertadvertadvertadvert

advertadvertadvertadvert

advertadvertadvertadvert

advertadvert

Voting will remain open until midnight, May 31, 2012 - Good Luck!

[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
By | 2017-02-06T09:18:23+00:00 May 28th, 2012|Bloggers Quilt Festival|74 Comments

1. Amanda @ Don't Tell Quilts May 28, 2012 at 10:27 am - Reply

it looks like the favorite home machine and professionally machine quilted might have been mixed up a bit. Seriously though, this looks like it was so much work to put together, thanks for doing it for us quilt bloggers.

• Amy May 28, 2012 at 10:46 am - Reply

I agree! But decided to go with the nominations. I’m making notes for improvements next year!

2. Great job, Amy!! Thoroughly enjoyed the show yet again!!
    Paulette

3. Flaun May 28, 2012 at 11:04 am - Reply

It looks like your Professionally Quilted and Home Machine Quilted categories have the exact same quilts… I’m going to hold off on voting there.

• Amy May 28, 2012 at 12:02 pm - Reply

It’s all fixed now! That’ll teach me to work after 1am…maybe ;)

4. Jessica May 28, 2012 at 11:14 am - Reply

Such a tough decision! Thanks for everything, Amy!

5. Charlotte May 28, 2012 at 11:15 am - Reply

so excited to be included! Thank you so much for the festival – it has been a blast!

6. Karen May 28, 2012 at 11:19 am - Reply

thanks for putting this together Amy – one thing for next time you might want to encourage people to put in their blog post how big the quilt is, how it was quilted and if they did it themselves – there were a lot that I couldn’t figure out what size they were and even if it was hand quilted or machine quilted.
    This sure took a lot of work on your part and want you to know how much we all enjoy it.
    Karen

7. cindy j May 28, 2012 at 11:29 am - Reply

So many great choices.
    A huge THANK YOU to you, Amy, for doing all the work to have this Festival. I enjoyed peeking at all the blogs and seeing such amazing work by wonderful people.
    Cindy

8. Debbie-Esch House Quilts May 28, 2012 at 11:45 am - Reply

What wonderful quilts! I’m afraid I didn’t participate myself this time since I was at Market and then recovering from Market :)

Thanks for such a great event!

9. sharon May 28, 2012 at 11:45 am - Reply

Thank you for all your hard work in organizing this – so many stunning entrants from around the world. This truly was better than Quilt Market – these are the people who ARE the quilt industry!

10. Cindy @ Tops to Treasures May 28, 2012 at 11:54 am - Reply

Thanks for all of the hard work! The festival is fantastic.

11. Lisa @ Shiner's View May 28, 2012 at 12:18 pm - Reply

EXCELLENT!!! I hadn’t even noticed the voting part … so thrilled to be nominated and embarrassed that I didn’t nominate any others … but it’s a great idea and I will so pay a lot more attention next time!

Amy … thanks again for the semi-annual quilt fest … it is really great to see the best work put forward by so many people who simply love the craft and may not get the visibility that the ‘top’ quilters get … you’re the best!

12. quiltbenaco May 28, 2012 at 12:26 pm - Reply

Un grande lavoro!
    Grazie!!!!!

13. Flo@butterfly Quilting May 28, 2012 at 12:27 pm - Reply

thank you so much for hosting this. What a lot of work, but what a great opportunity to see so many quilts and great projects!

14. Flying Blind May 28, 2012 at 12:35 pm - Reply

Oh thank you so much Amy, and to anyone who nominated my Cherry Star – it has been an amazing Festival. Congratulations all finalists x

15. A.J. Dub (Amy) May 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm - Reply

Thanks for all you hard work Amy! It was another wonderful festival!

16. Laura Jane May 28, 2012 at 1:10 pm - Reply

Thanks so much Amy! I so look forward to the festival each year! And thanks everyone for nominating/voting for me :-)

17. kathie May 28, 2012 at 1:12 pm - Reply

Thanks for organising this Amy.

18. Sarah Craig May 28, 2012 at 1:35 pm - Reply

I am absolutely blown away to have our quilt included in this great selection of quilts – and so glad to have the honor of participating in the Festival each year! I cannot imagine how much work this is for you – and truly appreciate all you do to make it possible!! Thanks, Amy!!

19. Sonia May 28, 2012 at 1:35 pm - Reply

Thank you so much! This was my first time and I’ve been nominated. I’m so flattered!
    Thanks for organizing and for all the hard work!

20. Lesley May 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm - Reply

Wonderful quilts that have been nominated! Thank you, Amy, for an awesome week of quilts! And congrats to all those who were nominated!

21. Karen May 28, 2012 at 2:31 pm - Reply

thank you to everyone that nominated my hand quilted quilt Star Crazy –
    Karen

22. Christine M May 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm - Reply

Such a lovely selection of quilts. It was very hard to choose just one in each category.

23. Carin May 28, 2012 at 2:38 pm - Reply

Thanks for a great show, Amy!

24. Melinda May 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm - Reply

I sent Lori (SewFrench) a congratulatory email that she had made 4 categories with her bubble quilt (she is traveling and had no idea). She was worried that votes for her would be split 4 ways, but I told her that didn’t seem to be an issue since each category is separated in voting. She is VERY thrilled and overwhelmed!

25. DeeJ May 28, 2012 at 3:37 pm - Reply

From the first time I discovered your online quilt festival, I’ve been a fan. I love seeing all the different kinds of quilts and designs and color combinations — all of it. Adding the contests this year offered a step-up to another level for participants and for you too, I bet. I love the thrill of this added element and how it motivates us to do our best. Thanks for BQF -2012!

26. Celine May 28, 2012 at 3:39 pm - Reply

Lovely quilts. I have just voted for my favourite ones. Thanks for organising the festival Amy.

27. Sallie May 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm - Reply

Enjoyed the festival! Congratulations to the nominees! Thanks for all your hard work, Amy!

28. Beth May 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm - Reply

I voted for my favorites!!! Thank you for working so hard on this, Amy. You did a fabulous job showcasing the nominees and linking up to them. I can only imagine how long it took you to do it. Hope you get some to enjoy today. Smiles -Beth

29. marjorie May 28, 2012 at 5:27 pm - Reply

The tremendous amount of work you put into this and everything you do for us!! Thanks for a wonderful quilt show.

30. cat stone May 28, 2012 at 5:57 pm - Reply

This was my first time entering a quilt into the Bloger’s Quilt Festival, so I am totally thrilled to be nominated in the home machine quilted category! Thanks must go to Amy for all the work she puts into organising this, and to anyone who might have nominated my quilt! Better go now before I run out of exclamation marks!

31. Saram from Habibti at Home May 28, 2012 at 6:26 pm - Reply

This had to have been a ton of work! It was time consuming just to nominate quilts! Thanks for doing this Amy, I am REALLY enjoying learning more about so many great quilts and quilters!

32. Ariane May 28, 2012 at 6:42 pm - Reply

Thanks for organizing this festival Amy!! It’s been a lot of fun!!

33. Bronwyn @ StopThatOwl! May 28, 2012 at 7:54 pm - Reply

Fantastic job! I loved looking through all the quilts, lots and lots I hadn’t seen around before. :)

34. Heidi @ Buttons and Butterflies May 28, 2012 at 8:15 pm - Reply

A little shocked that my quilt made it even in the top five for nominations…*embarrassed face*
    Thanks for being such a gracious host and I think we all appreciate the exposure.
    I still haven’t made it all the way through ALL the entries, my google reader is busting at the seams from all the new blogs I am following!

35. Snoodles May 28, 2012 at 8:17 pm - Reply

This is my second year participating in the Festival, and I don’t even care that I’m not one of the finalists! LOL It was so much fun and so inspiring….thank you so much Amy, for the investment of time that it must have required! What fun to look forward to BQF 2013!!

36. jenn May 28, 2012 at 8:44 pm - Reply

Thanks again Amy! It was a wonderful surprise to be nominated but most of all – the many wonderful comments I received. I’m so happy to be a part of something so positive and inspiring. I learned how to quilt by reading blogs and hope my little piece of the pie inspires others the way it did me.

37. Emma May 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm - Reply

Wow, that’s a lot of work! I found it hard to pick categories for nominating; I wonder if next time it could work like a ‘real’ quilt show, where entrants choose the category(ies?) they are entering when they submit…

38. Annabelle May 28, 2012 at 10:16 pm - Reply

What amazing talent out in blogland! The quilts are simply stunning. Thank you Amy for all the work involved – excited to see the results – but all are worthy winners.

39. Johanna May 29, 2012 at 2:28 am - Reply

An amazing selection, Amy, thank you!
    I really enjoyed voting and looking through the pictures!

40. elite palm May 29, 2012 at 2:46 am - Reply

bus ticket machine
    your site is very informative. thank you

41. […] comments and feedback to my Kite-Quilt, and for – wow! – nominating it in Amy’s Blogger’s Quilt Festival Spring 2012! You will find my completely handsewn, over paperpieces “lieseled” quilt together with […]

42. Britt-Inger Jönsson May 29, 2012 at 3:03 am - Reply

Thank you for a wonderful walk among the awsome quilts.
    It was not easy to vote as every quilt was so good.

43. Sally Nicol May 29, 2012 at 3:27 am - Reply

Thank you so much for hosting this. I loved browsing all the links, nominating and then coming back to vote. Very inspirational and fun

44. Kate Conklin May 29, 2012 at 4:56 am - Reply

A beautiful selection of quilts there Amy! Cocoa the donkey is thrilled to be included in the mix!! Thanks for all your hard work.

45. Dana May 29, 2012 at 6:07 am - Reply

So many beautiful quilts, thank you so much Amy for all of your hard work. I’m so inspired.

46. Debbie Clarke May 29, 2012 at 6:37 am - Reply

Thank you, Amy for all the hard work of putting this together for us. Love the inspiration and blogs found here. Each one is better and better. Congrats to all the nominees.

47. Kati R. May 29, 2012 at 7:13 am - Reply

Hi Amy, I was confused with the nominations too. I think it would be good if you wrote a reminder in the description in the beginning of the festival that everyone who enters should put the stats with the blog post so people can see what size the quilt is. A lot of times I couldn’t decide if it was a wall hanging, a throw, or a bed size quilt. Thank you so much for your hard work, it was so much fun and very inspiring!

48. Sewfrench May 29, 2012 at 7:15 am - Reply

Thank you, Amy for putting this festival together. I can not begin to imagine the hard work and long hours that are involved.

I don’t know what to say except that I am honored and humbled to be included among these most talented quilters..

Thank you *all* who nominated me!!!!

49. Amity Quilter May 29, 2012 at 7:32 am - Reply

Thanks for the huge effort to put together this amazing festival. This was the first time I happened upon the festival, and am so glad I did. Seeing all the gorgeous work and reading the often inspiring stories that accompanied the quilts was a real treat.

50. Lindsey@HappierThanABirdQuilts May 29, 2012 at 8:09 am - Reply

Amy thank you for all your hard work putting together the festival! And thanks to everybody who voted for my quilts – wow what an unexpected honor to be nominated!

(Amy – do you know why the number of votes is only showing on a couple of the categories?)

51. AnnieO May 29, 2012 at 10:00 am - Reply

Wow, Amy, what a lot of work! Every quilt is a winner and it is really hard to choose. Congrats on another fabulous BQF!

52. Linda May 29, 2012 at 10:22 am - Reply

Great quilts. Enjoyed voting for my favourites. What a lot of work to organise this, Amy! Well done!

53. Queenie Believe May 29, 2012 at 10:44 am - Reply

Amy you have done an amazing job with this quilt festival. The amount of work you have done with all the nominating and voting is amanzing. Thank you for such a fun event here in blogland.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

54. Kelie May 29, 2012 at 3:25 pm - Reply

WOW!!! So many beautiful quilts! It’s so hard to choose!!!!

55. […] Days quilt is a finalist in the Doll/Mini Category in the Bloggers’ Quilt Festival. You can cast a vote for Cindy and all your favorites here – lots of amazing […]

56. Tammy May 29, 2012 at 8:05 pm - Reply

Once again, Amy, you ROCK! The time and energy to host the Quilt Festival with all the details AND add this wonderful new voting for favorites, well, it’s all amazing :-)

Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

57. Kate Brown May 29, 2012 at 9:02 pm - Reply

thank you Amy for putting so much work into this. It is really great fun! :)

58. Jayme C May 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm - Reply

Gorgeous quilts!!!! Fantastic nominations!!!!! Congrats to everyone nominated and good luck to all the rest!!

59. Shari May 30, 2012 at 4:01 am - Reply

I have thoroughly enjoyed this quilt festival. So many wonderful quilts. Congratulations to all the nominees – good luck!

Thanks Amy. This is certainly a lot of time organising!

60. Susan Being Snippy May 30, 2012 at 7:03 am - Reply

So Much work and so many lovely quilts. And yes like Karen says earlier in the comments, the suggestion for those who enter to include the quilt size and other details in their description. This was my first time entering and I did not even think of those things… Next Year!
    And Thank you for all your work!

61. Keri P May 30, 2012 at 7:55 am - Reply

thanks for letting us see and vote on all this amazing work. I’d better get sewing! ; )

62. Audrey May 30, 2012 at 9:07 am - Reply

I am so excited that my wonky abc quilt is nominated in the bee category! It is my favorite quilt, and I am so honored. Thanks for the opportunity to share it, Amy.:)

63. Carmen Wyant May 30, 2012 at 12:19 pm - Reply

What an amazing array of talent shown here-I found it very difficult to pick a favorite in all of the categories. You have done a terrific job with this and what an amazing amount of work you have done/do! Thank you for this and to all of the sponsors who make donations for prizes. I am blown away by all of the talent out there in blogland and it was delightful to see a lot of it in one place.

64. Misha May 30, 2012 at 12:43 pm - Reply

Amy, thanks for all your hard work! I’m so glad my friend told me about your festival. I’ve found several new bloggers to follow and have seen more eye candy this week than I think I saw all of last year in total!

So many fun and inspiring techniques and tutorials I hardly know what to do next. It makes all my UFOs look so boring that I just want to start a bunch of new things, LOL!

65. Barb@Witsend May 31, 2012 at 4:37 pm - Reply

Wow, great quilts. I’m new to the quilt festival and blogging. This is a great idea and what inspiring quilts we all get to see. Thanks for setting this up. I will keep an eye out for it next year too!

66. Patty D May 31, 2012 at 7:22 pm - Reply

What fun it was to go through the voting process – many tough choices! Amy, thanks again for putting this together. I’ve enjoyed entering my quilt and seeing what others have done!

67. Mina May 31, 2012 at 8:49 pm - Reply

WOW!! I just returned from vacation and need some serious time to go through the entries.

I am honored and amazed to be nominated in the best hand quilted category.

Thank you Amy for putting together the festival. Just reading through the comments on my blog have really made me smile and have encouraged me to keep trying new ideas.

68. Carol E. June 13, 2012 at 8:19 pm - Reply

Sorry to be a nag, but maybe I missed it.. are the winners posted somewhere?

69. Nominated! (+ the Three Finish Rule) | A Thousand Needles May 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm - Reply

[…] I got a lovely email today saying that I had been nominated in one of the categories for the Bloggers’ Quilt Festival. I really am surprised. Mr. Pac-Man is up for the Best Wall Hanging category. Thank you to those […]

70. Hi there, I do think your web site could possibly be having web
    browser compatibility issues. Whenever I take a
    look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in I.E., it’s got
    some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up! Other than that, excellent site!

71. I really like what you guys tend to be up too. This kind
    of clever work and reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

my web-site :: شركات تنظيف المنازل بالدمام

72. https://archive.org/details/Fbinfluence2.0Review_794 October 30, 2014 at 12:09 pm - Reply

Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you know afterward
    you can write or else it is complex to write.