Quick Note

Hey! Thank you all for the Birthday wishes yesterday – you really know how to make a girl feel loved!

You will notice that the linky now gives you the option to vote. Carefully select your favorite, and vote for the Viewer’s Choice. The nomination form below, is for all the categories. Find a category for a few of your favorite quilts, and enter the linky number.

Thank you all so much for participating!

Thanks for nominating! I need to tally everything up!

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:23+00:00 May 23rd, 2012|Bloggers Quilt Festival|17 Comments

1. Jen May 23, 2012 at 6:20 am - Reply

So exciting! Would it be possible to hide the vote count under each image? Kind of takes away from the surprise… Thanks for all that you do organizing this.

2. Snoodles May 23, 2012 at 7:21 am - Reply

Oh my goodness, I’m on tenterhooks! The suspense is killer! LOL Thanks for organizing such a fun and exciting event!

3. sharon May 23, 2012 at 8:52 am - Reply

You’ve had a tremendous turnout!! A suggestion for next year so it helps with the voting – to have quilter’s enter into the catagory when linking – it was hard to tell what was a baby, lap, and mini with no size listed – hard to tell quilts that were hand quilted unless someone actually stated, and there was no way to tell if machine quilted or long armed unless told. I think I re-visited 3 times and then some trying to make sure I voted quilts into the correct catagory.

4. Julie May 23, 2012 at 9:38 am - Reply

I don’t see the buttons to vote, did voting get turned off?

• Julie May 23, 2012 at 10:54 am - Reply

Nevermind, I see the email where it’s tracking IP addresses, I guess I can’t see the option now because I already voted. The vote count went away so I thought maybe something was broken, lol.

5. Sheila May 23, 2012 at 10:06 am - Reply

Phew, what an enormous selection – was going to make a similar comment to Sharon, perhaps we should enter our quilts into a specific category??
    Good luck all!

6. Monika May 23, 2012 at 11:38 am - Reply

What a beautiful collection of quilts!!! I love every one of them:) Thank you for this Festval!!

7. Cille May 23, 2012 at 1:16 pm - Reply

Amy, thanks for organizing this. Its a huge turnout, the quilts are inspiring and you’ve made it easy to participate.

8. Celine May 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm - Reply

Happy birthday!!! and awesome turnout for the festival. I look forward to it so much:) Last night while voting I also had a hard time deciphering which quilt was a bed, throw baby quilt etc. I came up with some categories that I think might be easier to vote for..Best Hand Quilted/ Best Machine Quilted/ Best Star Quilt/ Best Quilt made with all Solids/ Best use of Print/Best Sampler Quilt/ Best Use of Color/ Best Wonky Quilt/ Best Traditional Quilt/ Best Quilt Story. Anyways hope you don’t feel like Im steppin on your toes just thought you might have other stuff on your plate(like hosting the biggest and baddest linky party in quilt world!!!):) Thanks!

• Auntie Em May 25, 2012 at 7:17 am - Reply

I would humbly suggest 2 additional categories. One for best scrap / charm quilt. And one for the best story. I have so enjoyed reading the stories behind the quilts. Sometimes that’s what makes them so special.

9. Lorna May 23, 2012 at 4:00 pm - Reply

Thank you Amy for this amazing Bloggers Festival of Quilts. What a great festival!

10. Melinda May 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm - Reply

Not a lot of people put the dimensions down. I would agree that listing the size should be a requirement next time, or that people should specifically enter into categories.

11. Allie May 24, 2012 at 12:50 am - Reply

I better get another cup of coffee, lol….

12. Queenie Believe May 24, 2012 at 1:30 pm - Reply

There are truly sooooo many beautiful quilts entered for this show. Twas quite a task limiting my loves and likes to one for each category :o)
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

13. Flying Blind May 24, 2012 at 3:15 pm - Reply

That was hard!

14. Sue May 24, 2012 at 5:40 pm - Reply

Too many to choose from WOW ! Very hard with all of the different categories we have to vote on

15. […] You can also vote for the quilts you like best in various categories at this page: http://www.amyscreativeside.com/2012/05/23/quick-note/ […]