Catching Up

My days this week have been scattered!  With soccer filling up a few nights, and beautiful weather pulling us outdoors – I’ve had a hard time getting to the computer to tell you about it all!

Yesterday I gave Owen his summer haircut – he wasn’t excited about it, but it HAD to be done!  And looks so handsome on him.

20120426-000522.jpg

I spent a bit of time sewing up some triangles, trimmed from a different project too.  In the end I wasn’t as excited about it as a table runner as I wanted to be,  and moved on before I finished it.  I think I need to play with the setting before I sew the blocks together.  It will be cute!

20120425-222323.jpg

I’ve also made about 350 flying geese this week!  I haven’t moved past this point yet, but I’ll share more soon – I’m excited about this pattern.

20120425-222307.jpg

While pressing my linen fabrics, getting ready to cut, I decided that the natural color wasn’t exactly what I had hoped it would be.  So I channeled Candy, and decided to dye it.  I overlooked one very important piece of equipment, and managed to dye my hands as well! Good excuse for a manicure though!

20120426-000542.jpg

I do like the outcome…on the fabric.

It’s a deep grey, which I think will look great with all the other cool colors I have for this quilt.

20120426-000550.jpg

I think that catches me up!  I’m spending my day today, cutting fabric, piecing, and hopefully finalizing a pattern or two!

Thanks for stopping by ~ Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:24+00:00 April 26th, 2012|My kids, work in progress|6 Comments

1. Cindy Sharp April 26, 2012 at 6:34 am - Reply

Sooooo, creative jucies stain your hands?

Your fella got older with the hair cut. Isn’t funny how that works.

2. Linda Winters April 26, 2012 at 7:22 am - Reply

I can’t wait to see the final results! I think the results will be beautiful!

3. Rachel April 26, 2012 at 8:23 am - Reply

Your son looks great with his hair cut and your hands look lovely dyed. hehe I can’t wait to see the finished project!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

4. Queenie Believe April 26, 2012 at 10:21 am - Reply

The new hair cut is soooo much better.
    Looking forward to see what you have in store for the pretty flock of flying geese that are nesting at your house.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

5. Jacque April 26, 2012 at 1:18 pm - Reply

I always loved it when our boys’ hair was short….so much easier for them to take care of! One time when it was longer, a teacher told one of them that it looked like he “combed his hair with a hand grenade.” Not too sure about the metaphor (or is that a simile) but it made him realize he needed to do something about it! LOL

6. Kati R. April 27, 2012 at 10:10 am - Reply

I agree with the others, Owen looks so handsome with his new haircut! I’m wondering how your new project will come along, can’t wait to the follow-up pictures!