Sewing Moments

Today we are back to school and the busy days of spring.  We had a relaxed week over spring break, and the girls all fit some sewing in too!

Last summer when I was sewing with the kids, Owen made a monster.  And recently, the girls started asking to make their own.  We made plans to sew over spring break, the picture above is Emmalie adding a 1/2″ seam allowance to her soon to be friend.

Later we set up two machines and got busy!

Emmalie is very careful to watch her fingers.

Sophia was excited to applique her monster’s face in place.

They’ve had so much fun playing with them, that I haven’t managed a picture of them all together!  They are all original, and so much fun to make together!

—–

After all that was done, I spent some time working on Bloggers’ Quilt Festival.  Finally there’s a button in the sidebar!  Add one to your blog.  I’ve been trying to get my blog situated as well, there’s a bit more to get done still, but I’m having fun working one it.

Last night as the kids were winding down for bed, I was pulling fabrics –

getting all wound up to start another project!  I have a plan, now to find a couple of hours to cut.

Are you starting anything new this week?

Blessings ~ Amy

PS – The winner from last weeks One Thing, One Week Challenge is Julie from That’s Sew Julie!  Check out her finish here.

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:24+00:00 April 16th, 2012|Inspiration, Sewing with Kids|9 Comments

1. quilterbell April 16, 2012 at 5:46 am - Reply

They seem to be having so much fun!. I can’t wait for the Festival!, I have grabbed the button, now I just need to finish my quilt on time!!!!!

2. Beth April 16, 2012 at 7:19 am - Reply

Looks like a great time was has has by all…looking forward to seeing all the monsters (monsters are a fav at our house). So excitied for the BQF! Now I just need to get the binding on my quilt. I started a quilt for my bestie yesterday, it’s late birthday gift. Hope you find some time get some cutting done today. Smiles~Beth

3. Heidi @ Buttons and Butterflies April 16, 2012 at 11:15 am - Reply

I love when my boys craft or sew with me! My second son has made monsters in the past and he is always asking right before bed if he can go make one…stinker. It is hard to say no to sewing, but, alas, I do…

4. Karen M April 16, 2012 at 5:24 pm - Reply

Where is One Thing, One Week link up? I am ready for it.

5. KimsCraftyApple April 16, 2012 at 7:45 pm - Reply

What a fun project! I’m definitely going to have my girls make monsters when they get a bit bigger! fantastic!

6. KimsCraftyApple April 16, 2012 at 7:46 pm - Reply

oh – and I forgot about my starting something new – I do have some plans in my mind but we’ll see if time permits. Now that Pip is walking it’s not so easy to get things done ;)

7. law firm April 16, 2012 at 9:45 pm - Reply

The strange thing is that even the romans knew about the dangers of asbestos, so it beats me how these companies can claim they didnt know about the dangers! Such a little thing to provide safety masks!

8. […] is piles of squares, I cut from the fabrics selected over the weekend.  I pulled over 60 […]

9. Davidos August 11, 2013 at 6:03 am - Reply

Bardzo interesujący tekst jak i cały blog, polecam go także moim przyjacielom. Keep it coming on and on!