Bag Envy

Every other season I find myself in “need” of a new bag – my family thinks I have plenty, but it never stops me!  I love sewing up a new bag for myself, and I’ve been trolling for inspiration.

20120223-003230.jpg

I’m hoping to draft a pattern soon – I’m looking forward to spring, and a new bag too!

**Click the picture above to view more of my pins.

By | 2012-02-23T00:43:52+00:00 February 23rd, 2012|Inspiration|14 Comments

1. Katy February 23, 2012 at 6:11 am - Reply

Lol, must be the season, I’m dreaming of new bags too :D

2. Nita February 23, 2012 at 7:41 am - Reply

We ALWAYS need a new bag. I’m not much of a shoe person, but bags, oh my. I don’t have as many as I want, but am always on the lookout for another one. Still haven’t found THE one yet, it remains elusive. It’s fun trying out new ones though. :)

3. Debbie-Esch House Quilts February 23, 2012 at 7:50 am - Reply

You have some wonderful inspiration there – I’d never be able to decide which one to make :)

4. Jacque February 23, 2012 at 8:17 am - Reply

Love your inspiration bags….I’m always dreaming up new bags and totes! I stunned my hubby when he wanted to gift me a new bag for Christmas, and I walked away from the browns and blacks and chose a gorgeous soft red leather bag! LOL

5. Jean F February 23, 2012 at 8:18 am - Reply

There is no better way to start a new season than with a new bag. I’m forever in search of the “perfect bag”.

6. Tisha Copeland February 23, 2012 at 8:20 am - Reply

I just love bags. I make them so often that I give them away just so that they get used!

7. Beth February 23, 2012 at 8:30 am - Reply

I love bags as well! Can’t wait to see what you create! Smiles~Beth

8. Amy February 23, 2012 at 8:48 am - Reply

I was just looking through some of the bags I have pinned and thinking I needed to make one of them for myself :)

9. ellen patton February 23, 2012 at 10:46 am - Reply

Um, you can never have too many bags, says a fellow bag lady.

10. Audrey February 23, 2012 at 10:48 am - Reply

I have been thinking that I need a new one, too. I have been using the same bag during the winter for the last two years, so it must be time for a new one!

11. Heather February 23, 2012 at 11:23 am - Reply

I’ve been wanting a new bag too! I actually like a couple of the ones you pinned last night! I’m working on some ideas right now.

12. […] with lots of ideas but no motivation to set things up and make progress!  Most notable, I know the bag I want to make.  I want to alter this pattern to make it better, and actually offer it as a […]

13. Linda Rupprecht March 5, 2012 at 3:10 am - Reply

I have been sewing and designing my own purses for nearly a year now. I love purses and can make my own to have just the right pockets (in # and size) and color and what I like.I so excited when I see a new pattern to alter or an idea I see in photos of bags for sale. I really like picking up remnants of upholstery fabric to use. They can be quite affordable.

14. […] I have a few little things I am finishing up, and I think I’m finally ready to make my new bag! […]