Sweet Moments

All last week I was wanting and really needing to bake chocolate chip cookies for my family. I finally found the kitchen to myself, and took an hour to bake them!

20120122-230437.jpg
Baking these was my cookie break on saturday, from quilt math and a little pattern writing. It was a good break!

I thought I would share our favorite recipe, it’s from ” Once Upon A Tart…” which is full of delicious recipes.

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
20 tablespoons, unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

3 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in a big bowl, using a whisk attachment attachment of an electric mixer on high speed, until they are fluffy and light lemon-yellow in color, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Gradually add this to the wet ingredients, using a paddle attachment of your mixer on low speed until no flour is visible . Then stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop teaspoon size balls of cookie dough onto baking sheets, 1 1/2″ apart, and bake 10-12 minutes.
5. Pour a glass of milk and enjoy warm!

Hope your week is off to a great start – Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:27+00:00 January 23rd, 2012|In the Kitchen, Me|12 Comments

1. Richard Healey January 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm - Reply

Ok thanks I am just about to go to bed and now all I want is cookies.

2. quilterbell January 23, 2012 at 5:18 am - Reply

They look so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Amber Lee January 23, 2012 at 5:21 am - Reply

It’s really mouth watery. I’m looking forward on baking these cookies. I must eat these stuffs. It will review memories from my childhood which I’ve always wanted. Can you write other simple recipes to follow?

Thanks for sharing!

Amber Lee

4. Cindy Sharp January 23, 2012 at 6:32 am - Reply

My favorite!

5. Beth January 23, 2012 at 7:09 am - Reply

I had to laugh when I was reading this. My husband was just complaining this weekend that I don’t ever make ‘real’ chocolate chip cookies anymore. It’s so much quicker and less messy to make the cake mix cookies. I think I will take some time today to make your recommended recipe, thanks for sharing. Smiles~Beth

6. Debbie January 23, 2012 at 7:56 am - Reply

mmmm – they look delish! I have that book & really enjoy it!

7. Jacque January 23, 2012 at 9:14 am - Reply

You are such a temptress…LOL I bet all of us that read your blog are headed for the cupboard, or to the pantry to make some!

8. Natalia January 23, 2012 at 11:40 am - Reply

YUM!

9. Queenie January 23, 2012 at 12:46 pm - Reply

Looks totally yummy!!! Enjoy!!!
    Have a great day,
    Always, Queenie

10. Rebecca Phelps January 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Chocolate cookies and milk are great combinations. I would like to bake some cookies myself too for my family but I still don’t have the luxury of time yet. What other flavors can you make when baking cookies?

Thanks for sharing that quick recipe of yours!

-Rebecca

11. Cheryl January 24, 2012 at 9:38 am - Reply

Amy, I can just barely see the 1st characters on your blog. The Tutorials and other tabs cover up part of the character. So I’m not sure I’m getting the correct measurements in your recipe. Is there something I need to do to fix this, or is it just the way your blog works? I reference your bindings Tutorial often so I love having the tab handy.

Yes I love chocolate chip cookies. Why do you think I named my shop “WillSewForChocolate”?!

Thanks, Cheryl

12. Judy Hinman January 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm - Reply

I have to have some!!!! Yummmmm.