Featuring Toni – A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

Happy Friday!  Today I’m happy to feature Toni!  Toni is a relatively new blogger and quilter, but you wouldn’t know it to look at her quilts!  I hope you enjoy getting to know Toni better —

1. When did you begin quilting?

Technically, I guess you could say April 2011. That is when I made my first quilt all by myself, but I had pieced a few tops prior to that but always gave them to my mom to finish since I had no idea what I was doing.

2.  Why do you quilt?

I guess for the same reasons most people do…As a creative outlet, a way to make beautiful yet functional items, and usually it is a good stress-reliever, too. With three small boys and a husband who works a lot, retreating into my sewing room is about the only way I can get a little “me time” right now.  It’s also great to see my kids snuggled up together under one of my quilts.

3. What is your favorite quilting tip?

I haven’t really been doing this long enough to know too many exciting tips, but I don’t think the importance of accuracy can be stressed too much, whether it be in sewing your seams or cutting your fabric. And your iron is your friend!

kaleidoscope
4. What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?

When I was first really getting into quilting and started blogging, Elizabeth of Don’t Call Me Betsy was hosting a Kaleidoscope QAL. I thought the design looked fun and a little challenging and I loved seeing the quilts everyone was putting together from it, so I decided to give it a shot, fully expecting to abandon it when I couldn’t get the blocks to come together correctly.  Thankfully that didn’t happen and once I got started I realized it would be perfect for my best friend, so I knew I would have to finish it.

5. Do you sew other things?

Yes! I love making all kinds of functional things like baby gifts, bags, curtains.  Whatever I see and think looks fun to make I’ll try, though as a general rule I’m pretty worthless at garment sewing!

6. Anything else you would like us to know about you?

I just started blogging in July and have been truly amazed and blessed by the people I’ve met and am constantly in awe of how supportive and friendly everyone has been. I have met so many wonderful people from all over the world and I would strongly encourage anyone who is considering starting a blog to just do it, or even just get more involved in the online quilting community via flickr or by commenting on other peoples’ blogs. If you put yourself out there a little you are bound to meet some great new friends.

——

Thanks for sharing your quilts with us Toni!  I have to add a “ditto” to your comment above on community – take the time to get involved, you won’t regret it.

Have a great weekend everyone –

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:28+00:00 December 9th, 2011|Featured Quilter|18 Comments

1. Lynne December 9, 2011 at 5:20 am - Reply

I have been a follower of Toni’s blog from “almost-the-beginning”. Thanks for helping me to know her a little better! Hi Toni!!

2. Cindy December 9, 2011 at 5:54 am - Reply

I’m a follower of Toni as well. I can’t believe is just started sewing. Great work.

3. Debbie December 9, 2011 at 7:01 am - Reply

What a nice surprise to see Toni featured here this morning! We follow each other, and I too, agree with what she says about community – what fun!

4. Pam December 9, 2011 at 9:01 am - Reply

Hi Amy!
    Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! (couldn’t resist) … grinning and waving at you from a chilly Philly! It’s getting here, the cold that is and with all that has to be done for Christmas I still find the time to just sit and peruse blogdom! Lol, must mean not much is getting done. I am always inspired by your blog and this quilter is really awesome. Toni has accomplished so much in such a short time. Quilting is positively addicting! Awesome quilts!

hugz

5. Jacque December 9, 2011 at 9:32 am - Reply

I so agree about the community that we have…I have so enjoyed “meeting” and getting to know other quilters since I began blogging. Thanks, Toni, for sharing with us – your projects are gorgeous!

6. Lindsay December 9, 2011 at 9:50 am - Reply

Yay! I love Toni’s beautiful quilts!

7. Julie December 9, 2011 at 9:55 am - Reply

i might have missed it? but what is Tonis blog?

8. Beth December 9, 2011 at 11:15 am - Reply

Way to get off to a great start, Toni! Your quilts are beautiful! Happy Friday to all! Smiles~Beth

9. Lucy @ Charm About You December 9, 2011 at 11:33 am - Reply

Toni is amazing, that kaleidoscope quilt is one of my absolute favourites! All her work is gorgeous :)

10. Flying Blind December 9, 2011 at 11:41 am - Reply

I am a follower of Toni’s and hopefully she sees me a a friend now too – I blogged about her last night :)
    She’s fab!

11. Katie B December 9, 2011 at 11:43 am - Reply

I love Toni! She is A+ Awesome.

12. Sarah @ FairyFace Designs December 9, 2011 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Toni is the best – I was lucky enough to have her make me a gorgeous tote for Pay It Forward and it is fab. I still can’t believe she is so new to blogging and quilting – she makes such beautiful quilts!

13. NancyL December 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm - Reply

I like Toni’s style! Thanks for the opportunity to get to know her a bit!

14. Susan December 10, 2011 at 3:52 pm - Reply

Yea for Toni! Such a wonderful talent with fabric…and she cooks too. :) Great idea to feature Toni.

15. Kirsten December 11, 2011 at 3:08 pm - Reply

It is lovely to find out more about Toni – she is a fabulous and inspiring quilter and blogger !!

16. Marci Girl December 12, 2011 at 2:16 pm - Reply

So happy to see Toni here, her work is fabulous!

17. Queenie December 12, 2011 at 3:51 pm - Reply

The blue, gold and green quiltis stunning! I love the colors and the design.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

18. domain October 23, 2014 at 12:58 am - Reply

It’s awesome to go to see this web site and reading the views of
    all mates regarding this piece of writing, while I am also keen of getting familiarity.