Weekend Sewing

Over the weekend I put a new die to use!  I’ve slowly added to my die collection, and most recently ordered the diamond die.  Looking for a fast finish, and a different way to use the diamonds, I settled on this table runner!

For the picture I hung it on the kitchen wall, since table pictures are never that great.  (Please ignore the drawing on the walls!)

I assembled it in four long rows, and used random straight lines to quilt it, pretty densely too, so it stays flat on the table.  I have to say, a runner has saved more than one spill on our table, from running to everyone, and it always returns from the wash, good as new!

Anyway, with each die that I add, I’m so glad to have my Go! cutter.  It’s fast, and the pieces are always perfectly cut!  It makes for easier sewing, and more sewing time, for me – Yay!

22 Free Patterns - Download Now

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:30+00:00 November 15th, 2011|finished project, sewing|21 Comments

1. Sharon November 15, 2011 at 6:15 am - Reply

Amy I love this Tablerunner, I might have to make one for myself. I have the diamond die and haven’t used it yet…thanks for the inspiration!

2. Cindy November 15, 2011 at 6:24 am - Reply

Love your table runner!

3. Suzanne November 15, 2011 at 6:36 am - Reply

I really like the diamonds pieced to make the point at the ends.

4. Beth November 15, 2011 at 7:09 am - Reply

So jealous of your Go! Cutter and those perfect shapes.
    Really like the colors in your table runner.

5. Beth November 15, 2011 at 7:10 am - Reply

So jealous of your Go! Cutter and those perfect shapes.

6. Mary on Lake Pulaski November 15, 2011 at 7:32 am - Reply

Very nice Amy! I have to get that diamond die!

7. Shaw Elise November 15, 2011 at 8:10 am - Reply

I like it! I want a accuquilt cutter thinking of the go baby.

8. Peg November 15, 2011 at 8:24 am - Reply

What a great table runner – that Go cutter seems to be the ‘buy of the century’. Gotta look for one of those!

9. vicki November 15, 2011 at 8:47 am - Reply

Looks great, I love the zigzag pattern!

10. Jacque November 15, 2011 at 9:30 am - Reply

Wonderful runner! I’m loving my Go Baby, and I think I’ll put this die on my wish list!

11. Beth November 15, 2011 at 9:40 am - Reply

Looks great, Amy! Love the chevron look the diamonds made. I just bought the Drunkard’s Path die. I think the diamond will be next ;) Smiles~Beth

12. Habibti at Home November 15, 2011 at 10:40 am - Reply

This must just be the time of year that everyone makes a table runner! I just made on on Friday night, without a pattern, only some fun scraps I thought would look nice in the room and my living room looks so pulled together now. I love the fabrics you choose, bright and pretty!

13. Mary C in WA November 15, 2011 at 10:54 am - Reply

You’re being “Green” by using the fabric Rummer instead of paper Towels too! I have terry table cloths for that reason… Family meal is not complete until someone spills their drink.

14. Maureen from Ventura November 15, 2011 at 7:14 pm - Reply

Very cool! I love all your fabric choices too!

15. Lisa November 15, 2011 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Looks great Amy. Of course I didn’t even notice the drawing on the wall until you pointed it out! haha

16. Kirsten N November 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm - Reply

Gorgeous runner – love this design!!

17. VickiT November 16, 2011 at 6:59 am - Reply

Wow Amy! What an awesome looking pattern. I cannot wait to be able to afford more dies myself. I only have two and so many, like you, are creating fabulous looking runners and wall hangings, and quilts with them that my wish list of dies is growing much faster than my checkbook is. LOL

18. Becky November 16, 2011 at 8:28 am - Reply

What a cute table runner! Hmm….you make me want to make one like that. :)

19. Tsoniki Crazy Bull November 16, 2011 at 2:03 pm - Reply

I don’t have any kind of cutter, but whenever I see posts like this I want one! That table runner looks great. :)

20. Kris P November 17, 2011 at 8:27 am - Reply

Thanks for enlightening me on the use of table runners. I thought they were just for decoration, and to be removed before serving a meal! Who knew they could save a milk spill! I may need to rethink this and make a few table runners for my kitchen table.

21. Beth@seasonsofhome November 19, 2011 at 9:01 pm - Reply

I love it! Great job Amy.