Featuring Felicity — A Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Quilter!

One more day before Bloggers’ Quilt Festival begins!  Are you ready?  I have a couple of posts to finish up!
Today I wanted to feature one more quilter from the Spring Festival – Felicity.  Felicity blogs at Felicity Quilts, and she has a few of her beautiful quilts to share with us today.  Enjoy —
1. When did you begin quilting?
I’d admired quilts for years but didn’t think I could ever make one. I began quilting in 2001, when I took a beginner’s class at a local quilt shop. It was my husband who encouraged me to take the class, and who later encouraged me to upgrade my sewing machine to the one I use now (a Bernina 145).

HK Wisdom front.1

2. Why do you quilt?
I quilt because I love it, and because it’s the only art/craft I’m any good at! I love that it’s the perfect combination of creativity and utility. I just love to make stuff.
3. What is your favorite quilting tip?
Use a design wall. My quilting experience improved 100% when I “invested” $5 in a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth and tacked it up on my wall using old sewing machine needles. There is no question in my mind that the ability to lay out my quilt blocks and stand back to look at them significantly changed the quality of my quilts for the better.
Polka Dot Garden Front4. What was your inspiration for your Quilt Festival quilt?
I had collected a bunch of polka-dot fabrics here and there, and I decided to make a sampler quilt with them. As luck would have it, you (Amy) launched your Simple Sampler Quiltalong right around that time so it was definitely serendipity!

In a (Solid) Pickle

5. Do you sew other things?
I sew a few non-quilt things here and there: totes for teacher gifts, some garments for my daughter (mostly pyjama pants and pillowcase dresses – easy stuff), but 95% of my sewing time is spent quilting.

DQS10 Finished!

6. Anything else you would like us to know about you?
I discovered the online modern quilting community in early 2010 and it put my obsession with this hobby of mine into overdrive, where it’s been ever since! It’s literally changed my life: I’ve made some fabulous new friends who share my love of fabric and quilts, I’ve sent quilts and quilt blocks all over the world (and received them too!), and I continue to grow and learn and discover all kinds of great new things each and every day. I’m loving every minute of it.
—–
I love how small the world is when we are all online!  Thank you for sharing your quilts, and your quilting journey with us Felicity – I can’t wait to see what you will share next!
-Amy
By | 2017-02-06T09:18:30+00:00 October 27th, 2011|Featured Quilter|16 Comments

1. Kristie at OCD October 27, 2011 at 7:23 am - Reply

Love Felicity :)

2. Jo October 27, 2011 at 8:14 am - Reply

Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilts with us Felicity! I especially love that spiky wedding ring design (maybe it has a name!?).

3. What Comes Next? October 27, 2011 at 8:32 am - Reply

so nice to see Felicity here – not only is she a lovely and talented quilter, she’s a real sweetheart, too!

4. Katie B October 27, 2011 at 9:52 am - Reply

Yay! Felicity is #1 :)

5. Maureen Cracknell October 27, 2011 at 10:32 am - Reply

Yay Felicity! She really deserves this, her work is stunning and always inspiring!!!

6. Beth October 27, 2011 at 10:40 am - Reply

I am SO inspired!!! Your word quilt is fabulous!!! Love, love, love!!!!

7. Mary C in WA October 27, 2011 at 1:09 pm - Reply

Getting ready to post tomorrow! It’s amazing how fast the newbies catch on and do such beautiful quilts. And most are not afraid of COLOR! See you Tomorrow ONLINE! A great diversion for those of us not going to Quilt Market or Festival in Houston.

8. Mary C in WA October 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm - Reply

Getting ready to post tomorrow. What great quilts from this Newbie. Thanks for the Bloggers Quilt Festival. It’s a a great diversion for those of us who aren’t going to HOUSTON for Market or Festival. See you ONLINE!

9. Lucy @ Charm About You October 27, 2011 at 1:25 pm - Reply

Great interview! I feel exactly the same way about quilting and blogging :)

10. liveacolorfullife October 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm - Reply

Felicity is one of my best quilting buds. And I’m the lucky recipient of one of her most fabulous creations!!

11. Molly October 27, 2011 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Thanks for the great interview of one of my favorite quilters! Felicity’s quilts and her blog are among my top favorites. I always smile when she pops up in my reader :)

12. Carla October 27, 2011 at 7:28 pm - Reply

i enjoy felicity’s blog and creations so much. Thanks for the nice interview!

13. amy smart October 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm - Reply

I love Felicity! So fun to see her spotlighted here!

14. Dawn October 27, 2011 at 10:11 pm - Reply

Thank you, Felicity, for a great interview. Nice quilts!

15. Kelsey October 28, 2011 at 1:02 am - Reply

Love the bright colors. I adore rainbow color schemes!

16. summerfete October 28, 2011 at 2:39 am - Reply

Hi Amy and Felicity
    Thanks for sharing your talents.
    I’m new to your blog, looking forward to joining the festival this time!
    Clare