Pillow Talk Swap :: Outbound

Here’s what I had fun working on over the weekend –

Did I mention that fall is nearly over here in the mountains?  The trees are looking bear, and there is a definite chill in the air; as in I have already scraped my windshield a few times!

The fabrics include a wide variety of designer cottons, that I’ve been collecting.  The colors also happened to fall in my partners wish list for her pillow.  I quilted the pillow cover with straight lines, in a variegated yellow from Aurifil – I didn’t want to overdo in the quilting, since there’s plenty of pattern in the fabrics and piecing.

And it looks great in our living room too!  Explaining a swap to Owen (4yo) is a little  tricky; he really wanted to snuggle up on the couch with this comfy pillow.  I’ve already pulled and cut more fabrics for a pillow that will live here – hopefully I can execute my plan today!

What are you working on today?

Remember to enjoy the process~ Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:30+00:00 October 25th, 2011|finished project, Swap|15 Comments

1. Jean October 25, 2011 at 6:10 am - Reply

I’ll be firing up my (new to me) embroidery machine and seeing what kind of troubleshooting I need to do.

2. Michele October 25, 2011 at 6:23 am - Reply

I love the fabrics in that pillow. Unfortunately I am working on house cleaning today. No fun but necessary. I may steal away into my studio for a couple of hours while little girlie naps.

3. suvi October 25, 2011 at 6:31 am - Reply

I love your pillow! The fabrics are really nice, and so is the pattern. That pattern could be a serious scrap buster, hmmm… Knitting is te
    hh word for me today, I need to finish off a pair of socks for DD before our trip tp Finland. I also have a pair of octagonal pillows waiting to be finished, need to get them done before the trip as well!

4. Lynne October 25, 2011 at 7:10 am - Reply

The pillow is absolutely gorgeous – you’d better make another one (or two or three) in a hurry!

I finished a cloth book today and am working on a donation quilt with a masculine theme.

5. Amy October 25, 2011 at 8:04 am - Reply

I am working with Abbey on some placemat purses :) That pillow is beautiful…I love it!!! I always find the swap too late :(

6. Candy from Candied Fabrics October 25, 2011 at 9:10 am - Reply

Oh these are just LOVELY! What a lucky swap recipient you have!

7. Beth October 25, 2011 at 9:43 am - Reply

Beautiful!! Swaps sound like such fun! I need to make a label for a quilt and figure the layout on another…probbably not much sewing today. Smiles~Beth

8. Irelle Beatie October 25, 2011 at 9:43 am - Reply

Sunday night I made the 1,2,3 quilt top from your Modern Basics book so tonight I have to piece the back to send it off to the long arm quilter. Love that book – this is the third quilt I’ve made from it :) Love the pillow!

9. Queenie October 25, 2011 at 11:01 am - Reply

Lovely pillow, very fun, happy fabrics.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

10. Amy Newbold October 25, 2011 at 11:36 am - Reply

I need to get my butt in gear and get my pillow done too! Great pillow woman! love it

11. amylouwho October 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm - Reply

I love that pillow!! gorgeous!

I’m excited for BQF this week! I’m going to add the button to my post today. I think I’m going to blog about my first mini!! :)

12. Cindy October 25, 2011 at 5:13 pm - Reply

I’ve been making some traditional blocks today with my Pop Garden collection. It’s been fun play! Love your mix of fabrics in the pillow!

13. CitricSugar October 25, 2011 at 10:37 pm - Reply

Beautiful pillow! Love the fabric choices…

I’m working on Christmas gifts. Decided I wanted to sew for everyone and yet, this might be the busiest fall I’ve ever had. I’m very curious to see if I get it all done or not. :-)

14. Jennifer October 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm - Reply

Love that pillow!
    I’m making a little tote bag for my niece and trying to figure out this whole zipper thing. :)

15. maria Filomena May 17, 2013 at 3:21 am - Reply