New Sewing Machine!

Hi there!  Yesterday I made a big loop around the mountains, collecting boxes of goodies from supporters of the Sewing Summit, and depositing most of those boxes with Erin, since she has a bit more space (or used to!) to store a *few* boxes.  This is one of the boxes, that stayed with me:

From the very beginning Erin and I envisioned a classroom full of machines, so that friends could come by airplane, and still have hands on learning time at the Sewing Summit.  Thanks to our friends at Baby Lock, that vision will be realized in just a couple of weeks!

In the final weeks leading up to the Sewing Summit, there’s some last minute sewing to accomplish, and a new machine to familiarize myself with.  Just getting it out of the box, there’s some cool features I wasn’t expecting!  I’ll fill you in later this week, after I’ve spent a few hours sewing with her. (You can learn more about Grace, here)

—–

Have I told you I’m excited to meet blog friends in real life?  I am!  I’m also a little nervous, and jittery about all the details!  I don’t bite my nails, but I do bite the side of my nail, and I’ve nearly drawn blood on my thumb.  Time to find another way to get that nervous energy out!  Everything is coming together, and I know it’s going to be a great weekend.

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:31+00:00 September 20th, 2011|sewing, The Sewing Summit|16 Comments

1. Pam September 20, 2011 at 6:50 am - Reply

Wow, what a cutie! Happy sewing!

hugz

2. maiteco September 20, 2011 at 6:55 am - Reply

congratulations!!!

3. Tabatha September 20, 2011 at 7:14 am - Reply

CONGRATULATIONS!!

4. Amy September 20, 2011 at 8:26 am - Reply

I love her…she is beautiful and I am SO sad I won’t be there this weekend :(

5. Natalia September 20, 2011 at 9:09 am - Reply

YAY! SEW fun!

6. Betty September 20, 2011 at 9:10 am - Reply

I just bought a Grace the end of July. I had to take my machine to the shop and was told it would be up to 3 weeks before it was fixed. I had already been away from sewing for 3 weeks (at daughter’s) and I was having withdrawals. Been wanting a small machine to take to retreats, etc so Grace was it. She has been great, I have even quilted several doll quilts on her.

7. Pétra (Creative Mom) September 20, 2011 at 9:50 am - Reply

Every time I see a new machine post it’s so exciting! I hope to have a new one eventually. I can’t wait until the Summit to meet everyone and try out the machines!!

8. Beth September 20, 2011 at 1:41 pm - Reply

Yay! No doubt she will be well used (and loved) at the Sewing Summit. Smiles~beth

9. Melissa Corry September 20, 2011 at 2:53 pm - Reply

It is going to be so much fun!! Than you a million times over to you and Erin for putting so much work into it. And have fun with Grace!!

10. Lynne September 20, 2011 at 6:19 pm - Reply

It certainly sounds great! Bit far to come from Australia! :-(

11. Melissa- {Polkadot chair} September 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm - Reply

As someone coming from far away on an airplane to the sewing summit. I’m so glad you’ve got machines for us there! Can’t wait to try it out!
    Melissa

12. Heidi September 20, 2011 at 9:50 pm - Reply

Love my baby locks!! Enjoy!!!!!

13. Kit Lang September 20, 2011 at 11:43 pm - Reply

Looking forward to your update on the machine itself. Lucky you!

14. Emily September 23, 2011 at 11:20 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness!! I’m so excited!!! :) My mind keeps wandering to thoughts about the summit! I still can’t believe I’m going and can’t believe it’s coming up so soon! I can’t wait to meet you and all the other fabulous ladies there!

And thanks for ensuring that there will be machines on hand – I”m hoping to fly with just carry-on luggage myself… wish me luck! LOL!

15. what is the best sewing machine for quilting and embroidering? | Sewing Machines October 1, 2011 at 7:45 pm - Reply

[…] #split {}#single {}#splitalign {margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}#singlealign {margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}.linkboxtext {line-height: 1.4em;}.linkboxcontainer {padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px;background-color:#eeeeee;border-color:#000000;border-width:0px; border-style:solid;}.linkboxdisplay {padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px;}.linkboxdisplay td {text-align: center;}.linkboxdisplay a:link {text-decoration: none;}.linkboxdisplay a:hover {text-decoration: underline;} function opensingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = ''; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = 'none'; } function closesingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = 'none'; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = ''; } Best Sewing Machine ReviewsHow To Find Y,Sewing Machine Values our Next Sewing MachineTeach Yourelf to Sew: How to HemTeach Yourelf to Sew: How to HemHow does a sewing machine gathering foot work ?New Sewing Machine! […]

16. Prenatal- Getting A New Sewing Machine Can Be Pretty Exciting For Most Of Us. -Vitamins December 17, 2011 at 8:44 am - Reply

[…] New Sewing Machine! […]