Make Mine Modern Swap — Received!

Yesterday was a great mail day!  After shipping off my swap items, I was prepared to sit back and wait a  week or more to have anything show up at my door.  Thankfully I didn’t have to wait long for this one!

The goal for this swap is to make something for your “sewing room”, and swap a bundle of  1 1/2 yards of  fabric.  I say “sewing room” because you all have seen where I sew!   As I filled out the questionerre to participate in the swap, I of course mentioned that I sew at the kitchen table, and that most of my sewing space is very portable, and quickly dis-assembled.

Kiza made me a portable ironing surface – so perfect!  I’ve used a towel on different surfaces in the past, just to avoid dragging the ironing board out (again) and this will see lots of use!  There’s also a cute snap pouch, stitchery, chocolate and a stack of Monica’s Happy Mochi Yum, Yum.   Fabric I’ve wanted but haven’t splurged on yet!

Close up of the stitchery.

Are you itching to join a swap yet?

Happy sewing ~ Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:32+00:00 August 18th, 2011|Swap|17 Comments

1. Amy August 18, 2011 at 6:51 am - Reply

Yes I am!!! That stitchery is too cute.

2. Jean August 18, 2011 at 7:17 am - Reply

That is just darling! I love it! It’s so happy!

3. Cindy Sharp August 18, 2011 at 7:20 am - Reply

Beautiful!

4. Tabatha August 18, 2011 at 7:28 am - Reply

I joined one scrap swap just as I had started quilting and it did not go well. I really didn’t have any quilting fabric to speak of and neither did my partner so neither of us got what we wanted.

I’ve started building a stash but still, not enough to share in a swap. ;D

5. Rebecca Lynne August 18, 2011 at 7:34 am - Reply

Would love to join a swap… You starting one? ;)

6. Em August 18, 2011 at 8:25 am - Reply

Looks like a fun swap. The stitchery is so sweet.

7. Em August 18, 2011 at 8:25 am - Reply

Looks%20like%20a%20fun%20swap.%20%20The%20stitchery%20is%20so%20sweet.

8. Tove Leggett August 18, 2011 at 8:40 am - Reply

SO cute you get the cute stuff from you swaps. Hopefuly soon life will slow back down and I can get beck to my sewing!

9. Vicki August 18, 2011 at 10:24 am - Reply

I love your blog! I am a quilter and am signing up for the prizes, I think I’m doing it right.

10. Beth August 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm - Reply

You are a lucky girl!
    I would love to join one but I am a little nervous!
    Hope you are having a happy day!
    Smiles
    ~Beth

11. Lynne August 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm - Reply

How wonderful.

I could use a portable ironing table myself – my ironing board has lived in my sewing room since May! In fact, I noticed yesterday that the two hooks on the back of the laundry door that used to hold the ironing board now hold other things – a hat and the “peg apron”!

12. Eileen August 18, 2011 at 5:34 pm - Reply

Does she have directions for ironing thing? I made something to fit a wooden tv tray and it’s worked ok but would love to see how she did yours!

13. Candy from Candied Fabrics August 18, 2011 at 10:40 pm - Reply

Ooh OOh OOH! So cute!

14. Suzanne August 21, 2011 at 12:27 pm - Reply

Score! You had a thoughtful swap partner. I just saw that coin purse tutorial today. If it pops up in a third place I will become obliged to make one. :-)

15. Suzanne August 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm - Reply

Here is a link for a great ironing board tutorial for anyone interested:

16. newspaper bags March 6, 2014 at 3:15 pm - Reply

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the longer term
    and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this submit and if I may just I
    desire to recommend you few interesting things
    or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles regarding this article.
    I wish to learn even more issues approximately it!

Feel free to surf to my page – newspaper bags

17. where to buy green coffee bean extract April 13, 2014 at 8:24 pm - Reply

I don’t write a bunch of comments, but i did some searching and wound up here
    Make Mine Modern Swap – Received! | Amy’s Creative Side.
    And I do have 2 questions for you if you tend not to mind.
    Is it only me or does it look like some of the responses
    look like they are left by brain dead folks?
    :-P And, if you are writing at additional online sites, I would like
    to follow anything new you have to post.
    Would you list of all of all your shared pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?