Sister’s Quilt Show

Hi there!  I had a fantastic weekend with family in Oregon, and we had the pleasure of taking in the sights in Sister’s.  With all the pictures I want to share, I decided to put them all in a slide show, click to start!

The show was spread out all over the storefronts, in the stores, and on the exterior of buildings.  Wherever space could be found!  Everywhere we looked there were more quilts!  I hope you enjoyed the show from your chair!

If you would like to view each picture independently, I have a set on flickr as well.  Go poke around, let me know which ones you love too!

PS – I will have a iPad/Laptop case tutorial available shortly – I have some math to do, and I need to make another one too.  Thanks for your response!

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:34+00:00 July 12th, 2011|Quilt Show|29 Comments

1. Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts July 12, 2011 at 6:10 am - Reply

I don’t think I can choose- there are too many that are wonderful! Thanks for sharing these pictures. :)

2. Stray Stitches July 12, 2011 at 6:18 am - Reply

Thank you for sharing the Sisters Quilt Show! There were some beautiful and amazing quilts.

3. Sew Create It - Jane July 12, 2011 at 6:57 am - Reply

ooh I really enjoyed that slide show…so much inspiration!

4. Lynda Brown July 12, 2011 at 7:01 am - Reply

I’ve always wanted to go to Sister’s Quilt Show. Thanks for taking me along. Beautiful quilts and so inspiring!

5. Cathy July 12, 2011 at 7:56 am - Reply

Thanks so much for posting. Your photos are the only way I will get to see this show, and they are wonderful.

6. Debbie July 12, 2011 at 7:56 am - Reply

Looks like great fun! One of these days, I’ll get there!

7. Angie in So CA July 12, 2011 at 8:10 am - Reply

There were so many beautiful and inspiring quilts. If I had to pic a favorite – maybe the boat scene, but there were a lot of awesome quilts.

Thanks for sharing this!

8. Kim July 12, 2011 at 8:32 am - Reply

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I have gone to Sisters the last three years but I didn’t make it this year and I really missed it! Thank you for sharing all your favorites. There were too many to pick one favorite but I love the quilts on the side of the Stitchin’ Post. That is one of my favorite spots every year. It is such an inspirational show!

9. amylouwho July 12, 2011 at 8:35 am - Reply

If I ever move to Oregon this will surely be an annual pilgrimmage. So fun that you got to go!

10. Jill July 12, 2011 at 8:43 am - Reply

So much inspiration! Thanks for sharing all those photos with us.

11. Dana July 12, 2011 at 8:55 am - Reply

Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful show. Sisters is the one that I dream about going to.

12. Four dogs and one quilter July 12, 2011 at 9:12 am - Reply

Thanks Amy, Every year I say I will see all the quilts at Sisters and every year I miss some. Great slideshow.

13. Noga Lewis July 12, 2011 at 9:57 am - Reply

What a wonderful event! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

14. Isabelle July 12, 2011 at 10:01 am - Reply

From the distance, thank you for the slideshow.

15. Noga Lewis July 12, 2011 at 10:04 am - Reply

What a wonderful event and such great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

16. Ashley July 12, 2011 at 10:44 am - Reply

Wow! So many beautiful quilts. I love them all but the one with the flower yoyo’s and house borber really caught my eye. I caught myslef going back to look at it. Thanks for sharing the awesome pics!!

17. Ashley July 12, 2011 at 10:45 am - Reply

*border

18. Lori July 12, 2011 at 11:12 am - Reply

Thanks for the eye candy! Looking forward to the tutorial on the ipad…I’m hunkering for a new case made out of some yummy fabric too!

19. Alison July 12, 2011 at 11:25 am - Reply

The quilt that you gave the close-up of the band quilting was my favourite. Some of the hand-quilting had been done in white regular cotton and then I think the red was done in Perle.
    Very, very inspiring quilt slide show and thank you very much for taking the time to put it up for the rest of us to watch.

20. Joanna July 12, 2011 at 11:34 am - Reply

Thank you so much for sharing. Your pictures show the wide variety of beauty in the quilts.

21. Cornwoman July 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm - Reply

I love Sisters, though I’ve never had the opportunity to go during the quilt show. It’s a great little town, and I appreciate the photos of the show. Thanks!

22. Marianne Haak July 12, 2011 at 12:43 pm - Reply

Lovely quilts……but there is no documentation of who made the quilts.

23. Sue July 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm - Reply

Stunning! The slide show must have taken forever to prepare, thank you!

24. Julie Fukuda July 12, 2011 at 5:39 pm - Reply

Ditto to all the thanks above. What an interesting collection of traditional with a twist and anything goes. Some day I wish to see this in person.

25. Kathleen July 13, 2011 at 7:35 am - Reply

Wow the slideshow is a brilliant idea,so many photos but each one special . Thank you

26. Pétra (Creative Mom) July 13, 2011 at 9:52 am - Reply

It was so fun meeting you at the show! You have a few photos of quilts I didn’t even see there were so many. Thanks for the slideshow.

27. Michele Bilyeu July 14, 2011 at 1:08 pm - Reply

I was there. I didn’t elbow you out of my way or knock you aside with my quilted bag trying to beat you to any photos, did I ;) I’m an Alaskan who married an Oregonian and has lived here ever since and just about the only thing (besides the weather) that makes that a plus is..the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show! Whee Haw!!!!

28. Pat V. July 16, 2011 at 12:58 am - Reply

I was also at Sisters — and I didn’t see a single one of these quilts! (I saw a bunch of different ones…) Thanks for sharing these!

29. Janeese July 18, 2011 at 11:12 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing.Sisters is such a wonderful town in Beautiful Oregon.
    SO much fabulous talent ,very inspiring.