News and Links – for you!

I have a few things to share with you today.

First, I contributed to a collaborative book – Modern Blocks!

I submitted 2 blocks, and they were both included.  This book will be available via Stash books this fall, and I’m looking forward to the advance copy coming later this summer!

——

Next, while at Market, I was invited to chat with Annie Smith from Quilting Stash!

The podcast is available today, go listen and learn how you can win a copy of Modern Basics!

—–

Finally, I want to share about Quilts Recover

From  Cheryl :

Earthquakes, tornados, fires, and more. The world is full of disaster news these days. The images and stories are gut wrenching. People are having to build their lives over, starting with less than they ever had.  Quilts Recover is about providing just one bit of comfort during that rebuilding process. Quilts Recover is quilters providing finished quilts to communities ravaged by disaster.

As of today, Quilts Recover is accepting donations of unused quilts to donate to communities where the rebuilding process is occurring. We accept functional quilts only – no comforters, bedding, duvets, or blankets. All quilts must qualify as lap/nap or bed quilts. All quilts must be complete – no unquilted tops please. Quilts will then be labelled and donated, through registered charitable organizations on site, to target communities.

The first community target is Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada. Earlier this month, May, a wildfire swept through the town of about 7000 people. Nearly half the homes and businesses were destroyed, utterly consumed by the fire. People are only returning to their homes now. Quilts Recover will provide as many quilts as possible to families rebuilding their lives in Slave Lake.

I need to go look through my pile of quilts and see which I can part with.

Do you have one to spare?

Blessings ~ Amy

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:35+00:00 June 3rd, 2011|give away, Interview, Market|12 Comments

1. Debbie June 3, 2011 at 9:44 am - Reply

Congrats on the book! Looking forward to it!

2. Allie June 3, 2011 at 9:46 am - Reply

Congrats on the book – and thanks for the link to Quilts Recover!

3. Charming's Mama June 3, 2011 at 9:58 am - Reply

I do have a quilt I can spare. Thanks for sharing the link and congrats on the book.

4. Sara June 3, 2011 at 10:19 am - Reply

Congrats,congrats me want this book!!! Thanks for sharing about the Quilts Recovery too:)

5. Nicole June 3, 2011 at 10:23 am - Reply

I also have a block that will be in the book! So excited!

6. Kelly June 3, 2011 at 11:43 am - Reply

Congratulations on being included in the book! Thanks for posting the link for Quilts Recover. I live a not too far from Slave Lake and the pictures of the fire are amazing.

7. Angie Komyathy June 3, 2011 at 1:02 pm - Reply

Your book looks so fun! I love making quilts and am inspired by cool designers like you! :) Congrats and I love reading your blog.

8. Cheryl Arkison June 3, 2011 at 1:44 pm - Reply

Amy, thanks for sharing the Quilts Recovery link, I really appreciate it.
    PS Good to know some of my company in the book!

9. Beth@seasonsofhome June 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm - Reply

That is so exciting Amy. I can’t wait for the book.

10. […] 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers, by Stash Books will be out this fall. Visit her post to read more. You may also […]

11. Debbie St. Germain June 3, 2011 at 9:07 pm - Reply

The new block book looks wonderful, something different from the regular types of blocks. I wish I had quilts to donate, I am still learning and not great at finishing, but hoping to get better this year, so I can start making charity quilts.

Debbie

12. Debbie-Esch House Quilts June 4, 2011 at 7:08 am - Reply

Congrats on the new book! It looks wonderful.

Off to download the podcast :)