Finished!!

Just barely, but they are done!

You know how you think you know how a day will go, then, everything goes differently?

That was my day yesterday.  Joe’s truck needed work and he was stranded a half-hour away…off we go…Emmalie came home from school with a worse cough than she went with – thankfully I went with my gut and made a quick appointment before the long weekend…she has pneumonia.  : (  So we spent today, resting up, and hanging out at home.  Just what I’ve needed too!

1 Hullabaloo Charm Pack = 3 place mats for my girls and 3 mug rugs

1 Mini Curio Charm Pack = 1 place mat for me

A few Crossweave strips = 1 place mat for Owen

A couple of RK Quilter’s Linen fat quarters = 1 place mat for Joe

Now to decide what to work on next!  I have some new fabrics, or batting to finish a top that’s been waiting…what would you do??

Hope you are having a great weekend!

This post brought to you in part by ::

[adrotate group=”2″]
By | 2017-02-06T09:18:36+00:00 May 28th, 2011|finished project|18 Comments

1. Sara May 28, 2011 at 7:33 pm - Reply

Some days you just never know what will happen when you have little ones–yes indeed! Hope your daughter feels MUCH better real soon.

Zigzag patterns are so fun;)

2. Carol Bowen May 28, 2011 at 7:47 pm - Reply

I couldn’t pick which one I like best — they are all great!!

Hope Emmalie is feeling better very soon. Give yourself a pat on the back–pnemonia is nothing to take lightly. Good call on the Drs. visit!

3. Amy Hoffman May 28, 2011 at 7:49 pm - Reply

I love the personalized placemat idea! So cute.

4. Lynne May 28, 2011 at 7:59 pm - Reply

They’re all lovely – you are having a very productive weekend!

5. Krista May 28, 2011 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Love your placemats! After all that finishing work, I’d definitely break out the fabric for a new quilt. Finishing another project can wait :)

6. @pril May 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm - Reply

These look awesome! Thanks for sharing!

7. Impera Magna May 28, 2011 at 11:47 pm - Reply

Wow… you’ve been busy… and what lovely things to show for it too! VERY nice…

8. Tove Leggett May 29, 2011 at 1:34 am - Reply

Wow, neat!!! I haven’t touch my sewing in forwever life has just spun out of control. Glad someone else is be productive

9. Mary Ann Tate May 29, 2011 at 5:58 am - Reply

Love all those place mats!!

10. Jackie May 29, 2011 at 6:22 am - Reply

Sometimes a mother’s instincts are the best! So glad you got her checked out. Hoping for a quick recovery. Great place mats too!

11. Judy C in NC May 29, 2011 at 6:57 am - Reply

12. Judith Hollies May 29, 2011 at 9:37 am - Reply

Sorry to hear your little one is poorly – hope she bounces back soon! Lovely placemats & mugrugs – smaller projects can be so satisfying. I’m a better starter than finisher so I would probably be looking at the new fabrics and imagining all sorts of fun things to do with them. But you can’t beat the satisfaction of getting stuff finished. Jxo

13. Kim May 29, 2011 at 10:04 am - Reply

I would play with the new fabric. But I would feel guilty that I wasn’t finishing up the other project first.

14. Karyn Ashley-Smith May 29, 2011 at 2:23 pm - Reply

Choices, choices….

Which takes more thought and how many distractions are there around you right now? *grin*

I always have a pile of projects going at the same time. DH doesn’t get that some things are “mindless” and can be done in the middle of absolute chaos, but others need quiet contemplation…..

Curious to know which way you went

15. Allie May 29, 2011 at 11:24 pm - Reply

Dang girl – that’s not the way to spend your day at all! So glad you got her to the dr. Your placemats and mug rugs are gorgeous. I think I would take a month or two off after making all that, lol!

16. Suzanne May 30, 2011 at 6:04 am - Reply

Glad to see you got so much done! Yahoo!

17. Pam May 30, 2011 at 11:33 pm - Reply

Babies come first and don’t you love it when you follow your instincts…always pays in great dividends! Heres wishing your baby a speedy recovery.
    All these are gorgeous! My favorite is the group of mug rugs! Great work..

hugz

18. Checkered Personalized Placemat June 16, 2011 at 2:43 am - Reply

[…] Finished!! | Amy's Creative Side I love the personalized placemat idea! So cute. Lynne – May 28, :59 pm. They're all lovely – you are having a very productive weekend! Lynne recently posted. Australian Inland Mission My ComLuv Profile So glad you got her checked out. Hoping for a quick recovery. Great place mats too! Judy C in NC – May 29, :57 am. That is a lot of happy and bright accomplishments – Hope your weekend goes smoother and healing to your Emmalie. Judy C […]