My Bloggers’ Quilt Festival Entry

I almost didn’t get a quilt in the festival this week!  But here I am blogging at the last minute – it just didn’t seem right to not have a post!

This is one of my favorite quilts, that I made and wrote a pattern for after turning in all my quilts for Modern Basics.  It was a simple, relaxed, meditative process, instead of the rush of book production.  I really enjoyed taking my time with it, even though it did go together pretty quick!

I used linen with Moda Crossweaves which I love.  They are so vibrant and yet have subtle variations to them.

The touch of color in the binding is one of my favorite details, and I love the heft that the linen gives to the entire quilt.  It is quite snuggly to sit with on the couch!

I hope you have enjoyed the festival – I know I have!

Amy's Creative Side

Thanks for stopping by ~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:36+00:00 May 20th, 2011|Bloggers Quilt Festival|30 Comments

1. Mary C in WA May 21, 2011 at 12:02 am - Reply

I’m glad you posted a quilt.. I tried to get my daughter to post one today… She has only made a few in her whole life. Thanks for hosting a great Festival. I look forward to visiting more Blogs. Can’t see them all in a week.

2. Sabine May 21, 2011 at 12:05 am - Reply

Your quilt is lovely – soothing colours, clear lines, very laid-back. Thanks for sharing and thank you again for hosting this awesome event – a twice-a-year milestone for me.

3. Kerry Green May 21, 2011 at 12:28 am - Reply

Beautiful soft solid colours, reminds me of beach huts and pebble beaches- weatherworn tones- lovely!

4. Karen May 21, 2011 at 12:52 am - Reply

Your quilt looks great. Love the colours and the design. It is good that you have had the chance to sew for yourself and not a rush for deadline. Seems to make everything a lot easier.

5. eileen May 21, 2011 at 1:22 am - Reply

lovely–i keep being amazed at solid fabric quilts that i like when i keep thinking i don’t like solid fabric quilts!!! a soothing quilt to look at and i’m sure it must feel as wonderful as you’ve described. thanks again amy for hosting this–you’re such a trouper and fantastic to have such a supporter of the rest of us quilter/bloggers out here in cyberspace. have a great day–am sure it’ll be a lot easier with this all accomplished

6. siobhan May 21, 2011 at 1:45 am - Reply

Hi, great to see your quilt. Its beautiful and mellow. Thank you for hosting the Festival. It was great to see so many beautiful quilts and their designers. I have throughly enjoyed this experience and have met some great people :)

7. Linda at Roscoe's Ma May 21, 2011 at 2:02 am - Reply

This is very pretty! I love the softness of the look. The Festival is wonderful again this year. Thank you SO MUCH for hosting it again!

8. ANDREA May 21, 2011 at 7:20 am - Reply

I love this quilt is very delicate!
    . I have throughly enjoyed this festival!! thank you from Argentina

9. Penny G May 21, 2011 at 8:45 am - Reply

Thank you for doing the festival and I love this quilt. The way the quilting highlights the design is fantastic.

10. Pam May 21, 2011 at 9:23 am - Reply

Amy!
    That is a wonderful choice (you had so many wonderful quilts to choose from) lol… Glad you made it. I didn’t have an entry this time! But there are so many beautiful quilts entered!

hugz

11. Angie in So CA May 21, 2011 at 9:39 am - Reply

I have admired this quilt since you first showed it to us. So clean, so sharp, so comfort looking. So glad you shared it. And thanks again for a wonderful festival! Off to check out the sponsors.

12. Kristina May 21, 2011 at 10:01 am - Reply

lovely quilt, beautiful colours! but then all your work is lovely and beautiful :-))
    thanks for organizing the festival again, it was(is) great fun!
    Kristina

13. Judy C in NC May 21, 2011 at 10:50 am - Reply

I kept looking for your posting – you did just make it. What a wonderful time I am sure everyone has had “crusing” through the blogs. So inspiring and some of the stories just grip your heart. Judy C

14. Marti May 21, 2011 at 10:50 am - Reply

Vry modern feel…nice clean look. I like it!

15. Cindy May 21, 2011 at 10:52 am - Reply

This is a great quilt! I love the simplicity of it. I’m finding I enjoy quilts like this one more and more in my quilting journey. It’s very peaceful to look at…if that makes sense. Thank you SO much for hosting such an awesome festival! This was my first time participating and I really enjoyed seeing everyone’s quilts, as well as meeting some great blogger’s.

16. Lis May 21, 2011 at 11:06 am - Reply

What a lovely quilt, it looks like it’s been around for years and years and well loved and then I look at the design and see it’s so up to date, great mix. Thanks for BQF.

17. Mary on Lake Pulaski May 21, 2011 at 11:39 am - Reply

Your quilt is wonderful Amy and your effort in the putting together the Quilt Festival is much appreciated!

18. Sara May 21, 2011 at 3:03 pm - Reply

Lovce this design and the linen is stunning–what kind of linen do you recommend?

19. Melinda May 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm - Reply

Wow.I love the linen. Such simplicity, but still beautiful.

20. mb. May 21, 2011 at 4:19 pm - Reply

the quilting is perfect for this design; wonderful!

21. Leanne May 21, 2011 at 4:43 pm - Reply

This quilt has such a peaceful look, I love seeing it again!

22. vicki May 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm - Reply

So pretty. I love linen in quilts, too.

23. Marianne Haak May 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm - Reply

Beautiful quilt…simple and graphic.
    Great Quilt Festival. Thanks for all your hard work…it’s great to see so many quilts entered.

24. Allie May 21, 2011 at 10:26 pm - Reply

I really love that quilt Amy – I remember when you made it, so lovely and fresh!

25. Janet May 22, 2011 at 3:11 pm - Reply

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the subtle colours you used. Thanks so much for organizing the quilt festival. It is a ton of fun.

26. Tina in San Diego May 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Amy, love your quilt! The lines are very calming: beautiful color selection and quilting, too.

Hugs,
    Tina in San Diego

27. Valentina May 23, 2011 at 1:37 am - Reply

Really like it, Amy. It has a well-loved look- I can almost imagine snuggling under it.
    I have been visiting entries and enjoying them so much this spring. So much inspiration and what a lovely way to meet new blog-friends. Thank you again for sharing and for being the ‘Connector’! :)

28. Erin @ Daisy Doe May 23, 2011 at 11:42 pm - Reply

Such a stunning quilt, and very unique! I don’t think I’ve ever come across one like this before.

Erin x

29. Margaret May 25, 2011 at 12:00 am - Reply

Would be wonderful to win. Would make something special.

30. Lori French May 26, 2011 at 7:03 pm - Reply

Hmmm…..
    Looks exactly like something I made… Okay, my brown may have been darker and one version was more girly and one more boy-ee (LOL). Way too many babies this past year… But it’s super nice when you can make three at once……..
    Thanks for the idea!