Overload!

Oh my goodness!  How many of the quilts have you had a chance to look through?  I know some of you were flustered on Friday with the blogger outage, hopefully everything has been restored for you!  It made me glad that I had moved to a wordpress blog – because I did not need one more thing to stress about last week!  I need to catch up with hundreds of emails, and begin processing my Market experience.  Such an overload of quilting people and friends, and networking opportunities for The Sewing Summit!

Here’s a quick picture from my schoolhouse – which went great – thankfully!  Never mind my funny face, I’m talking.

I had so much fun talking with anyone and everyone about Modern Basics!   This is me signing books for people waiting in line:

I had two signings, and they both were over so fast – so glad that Modern Basics is being well received : )

I have more to share, but I’m off to catch up with all of you and Bloggers’ Quilt Festival for right now!

Enjoy the show ~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:36+00:00 May 16th, 2011|Bloggers Quilt Festival, Modern Basics|16 Comments

1. Lisa May 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm - Reply

Amy, so glad you had such a great time at the market! Thank you again for hosting this fabulous quilt festival, it is so fun to click through and see old friends and find new ones. What a delight. Can’t wait to hear about what is new from Quilt Market and what is next for you!

2. Dana May 16, 2011 at 12:19 pm - Reply

Just wanted to say thanks for giving me the opportunity to show my quilt at the bloggers quilt festival, Being new to quilting I have never had so many comments on a quilt and it was a much needed confidence boost for me. The talent out there is overwhelming and I got to follow so many new amazing blogs. So thanks! :-)

3. Helen May 16, 2011 at 1:13 pm - Reply

Quilt market looks like so much fun (and hard work!) – I can’t wait to hear more! I’m really enjoying the festival – thank you!

4. BadlandsQuilts May 16, 2011 at 1:17 pm - Reply

Love the quilt…wahoo! on the book!

5. Dana May 16, 2011 at 1:25 pm - Reply

Gigis shop: oh my, this is a real treat on my buy list right away i love paris in springtime pincushion and topper set- stunning!

6. Amanda May 16, 2011 at 1:40 pm - Reply

The Bloggers’ Quilt Festival is beautiful…but I’ve only been able to make through 161 of the current 425…and with more to come (including mine)…it may take a while to make it through all of them! However, what better than a long quilt fest to enjoy at personal leisure!

7. Jill May 16, 2011 at 1:55 pm - Reply

I was actually through all of them at around 400. So much talent! Looking forward to seeing more later this week.

8. Dana May 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm - Reply

oooops posted that last comment on the wrong blog to many windows open sorry!!!

9. Amy Newbold May 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm - Reply

Whoa,I’m in that pic!!! lol

10. Sara May 16, 2011 at 5:04 pm - Reply

This festival is such a confidence booster for me—thank you soooo much for hosting it over and over each year. You put a smile on my face:):):)

11. amylouwho May 16, 2011 at 9:30 pm - Reply

so glad you had a great time! Loved the picture you guys took at the meetup! Can’t wait to see you at THE SUMMIT! this fall. :) xo

12. Allie May 16, 2011 at 11:11 pm - Reply

I’ve almost made it to 100, it’s going to be a great week of surfing and blogging! I love that first picture of you Amy, you almost look shocked. *G* So glad things are going so well for you!

13. Candy from Candied Fabrics May 16, 2011 at 11:41 pm - Reply

You’re a quilting ROCK STAR! WOot!

14. Suzanne May 17, 2011 at 5:04 am - Reply

I’m so glad it all went so well! It’s awesome that you have pictures of you experiencing the teaching and the book signing.

15. Heidi May 19, 2011 at 6:45 am - Reply

thank you for hosting this wonderful event again plus the opportunity to win something :-)

16. Peggy M May 20, 2011 at 9:00 pm - Reply

Amy thank you so much for taking the time to host this festival. I can only imagine the hours it took to coordinate all the sponsors and drum up the support. You totally rock!! I am so excited to start surfing the blogs and writing down all the fabrics I’m going to need to purchase to create them :-) hehehe. This festival couldn’t have been planned for a better weekend. I’m celebrating my 30th birthday (AGAIN) on Tuesday and I’m going to be getting birthday cash from friends and family so it’s perfect that I’m getting inspired to shop and create !!