SewConnected Quilt Top

The blocks for this quilt were made by my friends in the SewConnected group.  We swapped fabric and blocks in 2009, and I just managed to sew my blocks up into a top!

SewConnected Quilt Top

I like it right now, and I hope to really love it once I have it quilt and bound.  Working with a collaborative group is a learning process, I believe next time I will have a better grasp on my fabrics, and what I am looking for.  It is really neat to see all the blocks assembled, and remember who made what!

I have closed the comments on the giveaway and will update the post a bit later with a winner.

Hope your Monday is off to a great start!

By | 2011-01-31T01:19:37+00:00 January 31st, 2011|work in progress|12 Comments

1. Suzanne January 31, 2011 at 6:21 am - Reply

I really like the top. The blocks are all really different but the fabric ties them together in a good way. It’s going to be even better when finished.

2. Jessica January 31, 2011 at 6:42 am - Reply

It looks great! I love the uniqueness of each block.

3. randi January 31, 2011 at 6:49 am - Reply

i love that a group made this quilt. so fun to look at the personality in each block!

4. Beth January 31, 2011 at 7:16 am - Reply

I think it turned out very nicely. A wonderful way to share your creativity with others. I haven’t done a swap yet…seems like a little bit of pressure. Looking forward to seeing it all washed up and full of crinkly goodness!

5. Jennifer Ashford January 31, 2011 at 7:34 am - Reply

Oooh, that is awesome!

6. Jill January 31, 2011 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Very nice sampler quilt. Interesting color combo, not something I see too often. The golden yellow is nice against the blues.

7. Carla January 31, 2011 at 6:19 pm - Reply

I love this quilt…..although it is a sampler, it looks like a very modern quilt. I can see the darker blue as your binding!

8. Audrey January 31, 2011 at 9:21 pm - Reply

I really like all the blocks together, Amy! I still need to put all of mine together, but you are inspiring me to do that. The funny thing to me was that I had to really look at them and think about it to remember the one that I made. I think it was the pregnancy hormones at the time, but I tried to claim three of them in my head. I really like all of them together!

9. Marshall February 1, 2011 at 12:31 am - Reply

I really love those colors! It looks amazing and I agree with the previous comment about dark blue binding.

10. Vicki February 1, 2011 at 2:49 pm - Reply

The blocks, and the quilt top, all look great! So what do you think you’d do differently, next time? If I did a virtual bee again I think I would seek out a group that encouraged improvisation or creativity each month. :) Maybe within certain parameters but I’m afraid I may have “wasted” my group’s talents by having them sew a bunch of squares together.

11. Angie February 3, 2011 at 7:57 pm - Reply