Pinterest

I don’t get out much, but when I do, a beautiful place to visit is Pinterest!  Pinterest at it’s core, is visual bookmarks.  I can pin an image to a categorized board, then I will always know where to find it!

I took a few screen shots –

This is my profile and my most recent pins.  When on the site you can click the picture and it will take you to the original url, where it was pinned.  So, if I pin a super cute tutorial, that I want to try later…i just pin it!

Another fun aspect of Pinterest, is that it’s social too!  You can comment on other pins posted by others too, or repin a beautiful image that they pinned.  Sound confusing?  It’s not!  Once you get on the page it’s quite simple.

These are all images that have been pinned by myself or someone that I’m following.

Pinterest is in beta at the moment, but if you request an invitation they usually are able to add you to the network within a day or two.  No credentials required!  Here’s my profile if you are on there already.  If not join up and then follow me!

Enjoy ~

By | 2017-02-06T09:18:44+00:00 January 12th, 2011|Inspiration|12 Comments

1. Kristy January 12, 2011 at 6:12 am - Reply

Wow, I have been looking for somehting like this so I can keep track of different things that inspire me. I can only tackle so many projects at a time… this owuld be like a waiting list!!!! Thanks.

2. Cara @ Me? A Mom? January 12, 2011 at 6:16 am - Reply

I’m hopelessly addicted to pinterest. The uses are endless really.

3. Kate Pangbourne January 12, 2011 at 6:17 am - Reply

Thanks for posting this – I have requested to join! I’m into social media, and it is my day job too! My ‘real’ hobbies are patchwork, embroidery and knitting though… lol
    Your site is one of my favs.

4. Lois Grebowski January 12, 2011 at 6:33 am - Reply

Oh wow! That’s so totally cool! I’m on my way over to build a profile. Love it!

5. Megan January 12, 2011 at 8:02 am - Reply

Oh, I love my pinterest! It is so much fun!!! I’m @
    pinterest.com/starsnsoup

6. Tweets that mention Pinterest | Amy's Creative Side -- Topsy.com January 12, 2011 at 8:08 am - Reply

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Marci Debetaz. Marci Debetaz said: RT @amyscreativesid: Pinterest http://bit.ly/gp9BWe […]

7. kwiltmakr January 12, 2011 at 9:19 am - Reply

Looks like a nice web site. It is like an online storage. Love the guy with the pink socks!

8. Amy, a redeemed sheep January 12, 2011 at 10:02 am - Reply

I’ve heard the name on Twitter but had no idea what it was. Thanks for explaining!

9. pat sloan January 12, 2011 at 10:05 am - Reply

totallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy addicting…. in a good way!

10. liveacolorfullife January 12, 2011 at 11:09 am - Reply

I have seen “pinterest” popping up lately and wondered what it was exactly. Heading over to check it out myself. Thanks, Amy!

11. Garilyn January 12, 2011 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Note to self: Go check out pinterest! Now!
    So far my “to-do” list of tutorials that I like and want to go back to are on a spreadsheet. That would be so nice to just be able to SEE it right there all together!
    Thanks for sharing!

12. Emily January 13, 2011 at 8:01 am - Reply

Looks like a way fun website. Thanks for sharing. Your scarf is looking great.